Please help..Malta still not solved..The story so far!!

600 or so objects is 4.08 version ...... you need to have near 1000 objects for 4.09 plus if you have great Fisneaky's re-skinned clones

please check if you have any of Slovakia objects in drop down menu ....

Z

sentinel Wrote:Dear FIsneaky,
No I mean the static.ini line which used to be in the fileslist in the old fileslist system without the new wrapper. In the AAA map discussion section there is a bit about the destruction mod affecting the 4.09 maps so I thought it could be that, but because I had changed to the wrapper system I don't know what to do about it. Taking out this static.ini line apparently corrected the problem with the maps. That is why I thought it might be the problem until I put in the Sardenga map and that worked fine. I think I will either check to see where all the Sardenga files are and add the Malta files to the same places if its not already there. Or I might remove Malta,
run a registry cleaner and then reinstall the Malta map.
Best regards,
Sentinel..........=FI=Pike to you, Sneaky!

Scott , If youv'e got the new Wrapper.dll; then filelist.txt is obsolete you can "-" it, or delete it if you dare. keep your "Files" folder and your "Mods " folder and check (with windows search) for any duplicate file names within these 2 folders that have the same path names . (eg. "Files/3do/etc... and "MODS/3do/etc...)

OK you are right insofar as if I reload 4.091bm the count on the slovakia for objects goes to 736 and it plays play. If I look at the Malta map it is back to 602. If I switch to 4.09bm the slovakia map still shows 736 but it does not play. I still have a "-" in front of the STD folder.
So how do I get it to work.........just delete the folder in the Mods folder? What was that you were saying about the extra objects....where can I get it from?
Best regards,
sentinel

sentinel Wrote:OK you are right insofar as if I reload 4.091bm the count on the slovakia for objects goes to 736 and it plays play. If I look at the Malta map it is back to 602. If I switch to 4.09bm the slovakia map still shows 736 but it does not play. I still have a "-" in front of the STD folder.
So how do I get it to work.........just delete the folder in the Mods folder? What was that you were saying about the extra objects....where can I get it from?
Best regards,
sentinel

One thing at a time m8,

Can you do a search for "Static.ini" then email me the files along with the path for as many as you find in the Il2 root and subfolders. also do this for each version you are using , but let me know what each one is.

Once thats covered we can go into adding custom objects, but at this stage it will only confuse the issues you're having.

~S~ Sneaky

I am now somewhat unsure about which one of the folders in the mods folder is the one with the destruct mod......the STD folder may not be the one.......does anyone know what it is called??
regards,
sentinel

STD folder doesn't have any relation with destruction mod ( if you didn't put some files in it yourself )... it is essential for new slot planes to work

file you are after is static.ini ....

BTW , fabianfred is expert regarding destruction mod .... do PM him

cheers
Z

OK, my IL-2 1946 is on the D: drive. I did a search for 'static.ini' and found 1 file.......D:\prog files\ubisoft\il2Sturmovik 1946\files\com\maddox\il2\objects. The switcher is set to 4.09bm with MODS.

The STD file explains why my Beau mkX vanished.....it was obviously when I "-" the STD file in the mods thinking it was the destruct mod. BTW I have downloaded the up-to-date destruct mod but have not installed it.
I would like to try to 'clean up' the il2 folder as it is somewhat of a hotchpotch of files all over the place.
For example.....regarding the maps, how many copies of the main maps (eg Slovakia) should there be and where are they? I understand that all the new maps coming along will probably go into the MAPMODS folder in MODS.
But I also have a Maps folder in my original SOUNDMOD folder in MODS which was when I switched to the new wrapper system and put the SOUNDMOD folder into the MODS folder.
Then there is another MAPMODS folder in the ROOT DIRECTORY of IL-2 with a number of maps in it..........I don't know where it came from, but is it necessary??
I could send you images of my file system but I am not sure how to actually do it......I think other than that the best way would be to instruct me on the main files that are needed and perhaps I can remove all those that are no longer necessary. However it would be more prudent to actually get the initial Malta problem sorted first and then look at the file structure.
Best reards,
Sentinel.

Where did your "SOUNDMOD" folder come from? If it was "Files" I'd suggest you put it back in root and revert name back to "Files" - I take it thats what you meant, although you say you have a "Files" folder. -lol- now I'm getting confused!

I've moved all my early Map mods from files and have them all in MODS/ MapMods. ensure your "all.ini " in the MapMods folder is up to date with the maps you're using - and the correct "xxload.ini for each map given (just "load.ini" on default maps, but custom ones may be differently named)

my static.ini is in the same path as yours "\il2Sturmovik 1946\files\com\maddox\il2\objects"

STD folder is essential, It also has the custom load screen mod if you're using it.

(LOL - you've got more posts here than on the squad forum - I wont tell Falcon)

I sometimes wish i could just RAR my whole MODS folder and send it to my download site for others to use....but even then it is about 200mb....and my internet connection sucks Cry

the complete MODs folder and the Files folder and the four-way mod switcher...would just about include everything necessary

fabianfred Wrote:I sometimes wish i could just RAR my whole MODS folder and send it to my download site for others to use....but even then it is about 200mb....and my internet connection sucks Cry

the complete MODs folder and the Files folder and the four-way mod switcher...would just about include everything necessary

LOL , 2.8 Gb uncompressed Confusedhock: , but that does include some PSP templates

Mines 5.8 uncompressed (crikey!).
About to zip it for a DVD to send to a mate. Wonder how long that will take :?

Dear Sneaky,
No don't tell Falcon.......he'll moan at me. I would write more often but, apart from this time of day I don't get the time to write.....in fact I am involved in playing or making missions for IL2 and it takes so much of the time (when I can get on it) and before you know it it's midnight!
God knows how I will find the time for BS KoTS and BoB when they come out. Looking at BS and all that we will have to learn even before we get off the ground makes me feel REALLY old and slow. I might like KoTS because it might be just a little more simple.......2 machine guns and thats it.......then again the mission builder might be just a tad more complex and therefore difficult.
Best regards,
Sentinel

sentinel Wrote:.....then again the mission builder might be just a tad more complex and therefore difficult.
Best regards,
Sentinel

Then again it might have full features and a user friendly interface - we can hope can't we?

Dont you love FMB when you scoll down the list to find what what you want, and the "Drop down" drops up :twisted: :evil: .

Fisneaky Wrote:Dont you love FMB when you scoll down the list to find what what you want, and the "Drop down" drops up :twisted: :evil: .

Christ, i hate when that happens .... real nerve trainer ...

Z

Sneaky,
If you can remember it was you who told me to take the soundmod folder and put it into the mods folder and change the name from files to soundmod.........do I put it into the files folder in the root dir or delete the current one and replace it with the soundmod folder and rename it files?
regards,
sentinel.