Bridge problems....

I've read all the other posts I could find....

I can lay a bridge.....ticking the 'start bridge building'.....but it will not move or rotate...I select it first...but nothing, all I can do is delete it....then it carrys on the count where it left off....doesn't cancel and go back to 000001 again.......if i try to 'start bridge building' again...it crashes with a memory problem

Have you looked in the Tutorials Section here?
viewtopic.php?p=16247#16247

thanks ash...I'll give it a try

that works fine...I hadn't realised that I had to add lines to my conf.ini

......only trouble is I cannot have any bridges on my map...because they all appear to be underground

vehicles and trains cross the rivers OK....so I'll have to construct my own bridges....it is just that they will not be proper Bridge objects to be destroyed and targeted....I will have to try and devise something which can be destroyed and look so......the airfield taxi plates are OK to lay on the water and vehicles will run across them....but they cannot be destroyed

Yes. Bridges can only be set at sea level. This is a major problem for maps with significant hills.

I cloned the harbour object....lessened its strength....and lowered it to -1.5m so vehicles can go across it.....with brick walls as sides it should make an acceptable bridge

and if FC makes that bombing target...it can be placed there too

[Image: 050520086-48-42.jpg]