Please help..Malta still not solved..The story so far!!

sentinel Wrote:Sneaky,
If you can remember it was you who told me to take the soundmod folder and put it into the mods folder and change the name from files to soundmod.........do I put it into the files folder in the root dir or delete the current one and replace it with the soundmod folder and rename it files?
regards,
sentinel.

Crossed lines over TS I think, If the contents came from "Files" put them back there. Think I was referring to a backup there. True that some stuff can be transferred across eg Maps, Other stuff is probably best left in its original structure .

Fisneaky Wrote:
sentinel Wrote:.....then again the mission builder might be just a tad more complex and therefore difficult.
Best regards,
Sentinel

Then again it might have full features and a user friendly interface - we can hope can't we?

Dont you love FMB when you scoll down the list to find what what you want, and the "Drop down" drops up :twisted: :evil: .

move your pointer into the box and use your scroll wheel on the mouse...and it won't happen

fabianfred Wrote:move your pointer into the box and use your scroll wheel on the mouse...and it won't happen

Usually do but still happens at times, suspect its more Windows related than Il2

yes......has anyone got il2 to run on Ubuntu yet? :wink:

Potenz Wrote:Sentinel just add the "-" mark in front of the folder name that must solve all your problems, works for me.

About DESTRUCTION MOD it's a true problematic mod, dunno why but tends to fuck the game up.

Potenz

The destruction mod IS a bit more difficult to install than the other mods....because there is so much to it.......it is really a whole bunch of little mods combined into one package ...... and with no simple installer

Lal_Rone started the process with his destruction thread which promised hardened trees/softened objects/softened ship AAA...but after he left I continued and added some more...
I further adjusted the AAA on the ships.....and adjusted the strength of the trees.....and gave the trees a damaged version or had them use the dead tree stump left behind....... and included the US tractor which was in there all along but had not been activated.....and gave a few examples of longer trains and vehicle convoys for people to use as an example and make-up their own....... and gave the trains and carriages different strengths.....and gave the stationary aircraft an explosion and smoke when destroyed

I tried to make it easy by seperating all the static/air/technics/rockets/stationary/chiefs/ships .ini files into their own seperate folders in the MODS folder.........but then the ships mod and the new planes came along which require adjustments in the ships/chiefs/air ini again to complicate matters

It can be done....all mine are working OK

I started here in October when there was just the basic sound mod....so others like me have been able to learn as we went along and as the different mods and planes etc. came out....but for those coming in here now....faced with all this stuff...it must be very daunting and confusing

After a lengthy discussion on TS I believe this will solve most of the problem.

Download for 4.09b items to ADD TO- static.ini

If any mods use extra , or amended static.ini (or other .ini files that may have changed in 4.09) you will get these errors. Since the switcher only changes "Files.sfs" and "il2FB.exe". When the wrapper.dll finds a static.ini , the default game version is ignored.

Not sure how it works in reverse yet (switching back to 4.08) so suggest you add the lines from the download and save it as a 4.09bm static.ini and back up a 4.08 version too ,

these could be saved in the correct folder structure to drop into Il2's root directory when you switch.

Certainly everyone will have different versions of static .ini , according to the mods they have installed; so making a new switcher isn't really a practical option.

http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/...php?t=4701