The English Channel WIP

Leady Wrote:
Quote:I cringe every time I fly a default map now

Ain't that the truth!!!

I hate those standard...all the same .....2D maps....with their huge yellow roads and dot graphics

The thing I like most on my Thailand map is that my 2D map is from Google maps Terrain version which is of course derived from satellite data, so the shape of hills marked upon the 2D map are duplicated exactly in 3D upon the ground.

[Image: il2az.jpg]

No comment :wink:

Beautiful Work you guys!

Who needs SOW when you got this. Smile

Canon,

I know your probobly busy but, Im so excited by your last couple psosts I simply must ask.....any news?

Sorry to be an "are we there yet?"......... :oops:

Justin

I'd like to add my supportive thoughts to Canon. Awesome stuff, mate. Take your time, looking forward to it tremendously.
Smile

At the moment I'm working on the most incredibly tedious part of map making - placing, tweaking, refining roads/rail and bridges. Dull!!!!

I think thats one bummer as then theres some stuka to blow those up in the sky Wink

Great work and take your time.

Well, now that we can customise trains and convoys (via Fabian), there'll be some great looking stuff on those roads and railways. Nice work Canon. Take your time though; we don't want to see you get burnt out!

After all... How is going with the roads and bridges

It's going well. Main roads, rails and bridges are done for England. Main roads are 95% done for France and I'm now working on rails, bridges, and then small roads for both countries. And then I need to tweak/refine my map_f and then re-do the Inflight map. So, lots to do Big Grin

Canon I start three weeks of holidays soon starting 26 of May, will be able to enjoy your wonderful map??

I reckon you will. I think I'm probably about 15 hours from completion.

yeah

Oh baby!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

So tomorrow? Wink

Lookin' forward to your work mate. Take your time. Smile