WIP:Spanish Civilwar online maps (Bilbao Area+Spain generic)

I been asked to make DF map about Spanish Civilwar. So i had a good thinking break and few beers too. Confusedhock:
I know that we have one nice SCW map for south, so i decided to make Bilbao area style map . There will be Guernica too Cry So you either defend civilians or bomb them!
Due RL reasons (yes, i have it), it will be really small and i think it will be based to desert map. What do you think?

kapteeni Wrote:I been asked to make DF map about Spanish Civilwar. So i had a good thinking break and few beers too. Confusedhock:
I know that we have one nice SCW map for south, so i decided to make Bilbao area style map . There will be Guernica too Cry So you either defend civilians or bomb them!
Due RL reasons (yes, i have it), it will be really small and i think it will be based to desert map. What do you think?

Desert map for Bilbao? The North of Spain (Galicia, Asturias, Vascongadas, Navarra...) is similar to Ireland... I mean... desert landscape? Smile

Wilhelm Heidkamp Wrote:
kapteeni Wrote:I been asked to make DF map about Spanish Civilwar. So i had a good thinking break and few beers too. Confusedhock:

Desert map for Bilbao? The North of Spain (Galicia, Asturias, Vascongadas, Navarra...) is similar to Ireland... I mean... desert landscape? Smile
I just use desert map as Basemap.
I did mean that i dont change airfields and some other things, so you can immediately use it with mission generators. You can pretty easily change landscape (not terrain) by tweaking load.ini

Roger that. Go on then :wink:

kapteeni Wrote:I just use desert map as Basemap.
I did mean that i dont change airfields and some other things, so you can immediately use it with mission generators. You can pretty easily change landscape (not terrain) by tweaking load.ini

I think, that airfields need to be taken from

YuVe Wrote:[quote="kapteeni"]

kapteeni Wrote:[quote="YuVe"][quote="kapteeni"]

YuVe Wrote:[quote="kapteeni"][quote="YuVe"][quote="kapteeni"]

Progress so far:
I have made map_c (no rivers yet) map_h (no elevation). Here are the first screenshots:
This the area (about):
[img][Image: mapp.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: bilbao1.jpg][/img]

Hope ya like the area!!
Kapteeni

Jo

[quote="Baco1170"]Jo

nice and very useful Big Grin ...for us DCG users anyway :wink:

one thing i'd like to ask ..... do make sure that elevation around airfields stays as on default map ( or slightly changed) to avoid AI crashes

cheers
Z

fly_zo Wrote:nice and very useful Big Grin ...for us DCG users anyway :wink:

one thing i'd like to ask ..... do make sure that elevation around airfields stays as on default map ( or slightly changed) to avoid AI crashes

cheers
Z
Amen to that. And THX!

kapteeni Wrote:I think, that
Thanks YuVe, help is always OK. It was so that in my computer did show some grazy marks instead of MTO. I can use MTO map OK, but it means that map takes more than 2 weeks to get finished. BTW i already checked MTO map even before you posted to me Big Grin . If we use MTO , i need all the help i can have. I do the terrain/landscape, you do the missing airfields, OK?
OK!
You can unwrap a landscape?
There is such technical opportunity?
That the sea was in a southeast.
And the coast was in northwest.

YuVe Wrote:
kapteeni Wrote:I think, that
Thanks YuVe, help is always OK. It was so that in my computer did show some grazy marks instead of MTO. I can use MTO map OK, but it means that map takes more than 2 weeks to get finished. BTW i already checked MTO map even before you posted to me Big Grin . If we use MTO , i need all the help i can have. I do the terrain/landscape, you do the missing airfields, OK?
OK!
You can unwrap a landscape?
There is such technical opportunity?
That the sea was in a southeast.
And the coast was in northwest.
Everything is possible...