Poll: Choose Team Pacific's new project. - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Rabaul w/Bougainville
26.09%
26.09%
Rabaul w/New Guinea
26.52%
26.52%
New Guinea
6.52%
6.52%
Leyte Gulf
19.57%
19.57%
Burma
10.00%
10.00%
Marshalls
3.91%
3.91%
Admiralty Islands
2.17%
2.17%
Others?
5.22%
5.22%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Choose Team Pacific's next project

TP is going through another brainstorming session, and deciding what area to tackle next.

We are kicking around Rabaul w/ Bougainville, Rabaul w/ New Guinea, New Guinea, Leyte Gulf, Burma, the Marshalls, the Admiralty's...

For the visual people:
[Image: New-Guinea-Map3.jpg]

[Image: Rabaul-mapsize.jpg]

We have huge concerns with flight distances, mostly thinking if we make a map too large that all you can do is fly 2 hours before seeing combat its not going to make for good use.

[Image: sig2.gif]
TEAM PACIFIC

just to add what Skunk has said, i suggested the second map pictured there. Players would be able to do all of the isolation of rabaul.
the issue is flight times. From green island to Rabaul is 238km / 144 miles.

[Image: rabaul-sorties.jpg]

i could say any of them as they are all sorely needed.

My personal pick is Leyte Gulf, with Rabaul and Bougainville a close second.

I figure that overlapping maps will help out FMB builders much more than having completely seperate ones, hence Rabaul and Bougainville... then do Rabaul and New Guinea, then New Guinea and Ceram... and so on

Flying Tigers Campaign on a real burma would be amazing.

Anything with Rabual would be much welcomed and needed historically.

What, no Philippines? I voted for NG/Rabaul though, that seems the logical extension of the Slot to me.

saunders1953 Wrote:What, no Philippines? I voted for NG/Rabaul though, that seems the logical extension of the Slot to me.

Leyte Gulf

[Image: sig2.gif]
TEAM PACIFIC

I'd love to see a Burma map Big Grin

Please Philipinees here!!

What about Japan it self??

all of these locations on a single map would be amazing Big Grin

I voted for Leyte Gulf, but Rabaul and New Guinea would be fine as well. Basically, any map that can be used for carrier strikes is #1 GI :wink:

Can you say, "Battle of Samar"?, or "Taffy Three"? 8)

Leyte Gulf, all the way. "...generally considered to be the largest naval battle of World War II and also, by some criteria, the largest naval battle in history." Unlike most people, I believe virtually everything I read at Wikipedia. Smile

Cheers,

CB

With regard to long flight times; there are many about that would like to see realism vs expediency. If the flight times are long, then they're long. A Slot, Rabaul, Coral Sea and New Guinea map would be primo... Big Grin

Sorry, couldn't read yesterday I guess. :oops: But Leyte Gulf doesn't necessarily mean Luzon Cry (or does it?)