Need help from a actors expert

Can someone with the hability to cut and rejoin Actors file, please contact me trough PM? I tried to cut Japan actors static in order to work on the SW small islands without luck, if someone can cut that file so I can work on the islands and then rejoin it It will be great thank's!

Can someone help me please?

There is a tool named actors_cutter (DOS window) you can use to cut the part of actors.static you want based on coordinates ( upper X - left Y, down X - right Y ). All you have to do is to see coordinates you want in FMB and run this tool, it will make a file only with objects of this area.

I don't remember where I downloaded this tool but make a search on this forum...

EDIT : after search this tool doesn't exist anymore, it is replaced by a new and better one Actors_CS.exe, link :

http://files.filefront.com/Actors+CSexe/...einfo.html

Hope this helps Big Grin Big Grin

there is no info or readme with that new tool.....the developer obviously thinks it is easy and self-explanatory......
many people find it hard to put themselves in the place of those who know nothing about a subject.....and in their own state of comprehension believe those who do not understand are either stupid or lazy

fabianfred Wrote:there is no info or readme with that new tool.....the developer obviously thinks it is easy and self-explanatory......
many people find it hard to put themselves in the place of those who know nothing about a subject.....and in their own state of comprehension believe those who do not understand are either stupid or lazy

is this a self description ? :roll:

thank you for your link Delvpier ...I wasn't getting at you....or anyone in particular....just trying to explain a common human fault.......
I am probably guilty too, when others have difficulty with my destruction mod and blame all ills upon the static.ini file :?

fabianfred Wrote:thank you for your link Delvpier ...I wasn't getting at you....or anyone in particular....just trying to explain a common human fault.......
I am probably guilty too, when others have difficulty with my destruction mod and blame all ills upon the static.ini file :?

you were right about this tool, I tried it but with no result... for me actors_cutter was a better one !

By the fact, I have good news : I have NO PROBLEMS with your destruction mod ! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Good work !

Actors_CS.exe works fine with me. Not to forget that the INPUT file(s) for it are not actors.static but the "out...txt" files created by actor tool run in extract mode.

lowfighter Wrote:Actors_CS.exe works fine with me. Not to forget that the INPUT file(s) for it are not actors.static but the "out...txt" files created by actor tool run in extract mode.

Yes indeed, it works better when you know that... :oops: :oops: :oops: