Can not open map in 'Mapbuilding modus'...

Hello All!

I made a map and i can open it in 'normal mode', but when i try to open it in 'mapbuilding' mode there is a memory problem... I don't understand this because when i open a (own made ) map with exact same size there is no problem :lol: ... Also the actor static is 'empty'. The map i can open contains a lot of sea, water... Maybe the problem is that there is to much land mass? Just guessing... :?
Is there a way to open the map? :roll:

Many thanks in advance!!! Big Grin 8)

..how did you make blank actors static ? ..... with act tool or just deleted contains from some other map file ?

cheers
Z

I have the same problem with the Japan/Okinawa map I started......first go it loaded OK in normal FMB...but after trying to get the textures sorted in the map_t....it now will not load into FMB if I am running Perfect....only if I run DirectX
and it will not load into Maptools FMB....crashes with memory problem....I gave it up for now...still too much to do on my thailand map

Quote:..how did you make blank actors static ? ..... with act tool or just deleted contains from some other map file ?

I used a 'blanc' actors static which works in a different map but with the exact same size. So i think that's not the problem...

And thanks for the reply guys!

modman Wrote:
Quote:..how did you make blank actors static ? ..... with act tool or just deleted contains from some other map file ?

I used a 'blanc' actors static which works in a different map but with the exact same size. So i think that's not the problem...

And thanks for the reply guys!

do run that file through act tool .... just in case

if you are using custom textures try to load it without them ( load.ini .... choose default ones )

last thing .... look for possible conflicts with other mods ( related to FMB ....objects....)

that is all i can think of right now ....

good luck

Z

Sorry for late reply but i was on a short trip...

Anyway, i tried everything but still no go...

Is it possible to alter the il2.exe? It seems that if i want to open the map in direct x there is a error message about il2.exe...

To bad it still won't work... :roll: 8)

huh .... sorry to hear that

i'm with Nvidia and have no experience with direct3d what so ever ( regarding this game...)

can someone with similar system jump in and help him out .... please

thanks

Z

I'm with this problem even to open the completed maps that we can download here.

I made a complete new actor.static which works in 'normal mode'. Again not in mapbuilding mode.
I put a pre-fix at map_T, F, C, H and load.ini. I used a 'default' load.ini with and without pre- fix but still in 'mapbuilding mode' no go. Again and again there is a memory error message concerning il2.exe... :? This is in openGL and direct X...

The mapsize is okay because i made some maps earlier to see if the map size is playable and it was. But these map where island and sea and not, as in the map i made recent, mainland and islands. (North Africa, Sicilie and Italy to be exact. ) Size of map y direction in meters =

Maybe the memory error got something to do with lack of memory in my pc, which is 2 gig. of ram by the way...

I hope there is someone out there who knows to solve this problem...

Many thanks, again, for all your help! Smile 8)

This is a problem which there should be an answer to..

We know that many maps.... default and new maps ...have very large actors.static files....which prevents them being opened in Maptools FMB....... but this is another problem

I made a japan/okinawa map which is huge in area....nothing yet in the actors static really...because I borrowed an actors static with only a couple of objects in it...so as to be able to load a plane and fly over it........... but it refuses to open in Maptools FMB....crashes with a memory problem

Also my Thailand map....I tried it in full size......no go

I just tried again....opens fine in normal or FMB+ and can save a mission and fly over it....but it will not open in Maptools FMB....so i cannot do any editing of the actors static or roads/rails/textures etc.

This is not logical......

Hi fabianfred,

Your right, it's not logical so i suspect that there is a limit concerning the size in mapbuilder+...

Also i realy think it has got something to do with the landmass on the maps... I made some realy big maps with islands and a lot of water and no problem opening them in mapbuilder+... :roll:

I hope there will be someone who can solve this... :lol: 8)