Map list in FMB is filling up fast

Don't know about anyone else but I've now got more maps than "boxes".

ie they're spilling over into 4th column (il2 only has 3 column max)

We could end up needing 2 all.ini (switchable), with the rate new maps are coming out.

probably 2 short lists for fmb and a full list for gaming.

well, i have all map mods installed but only some of them listed in all.ini .... if i need certain map i just add the line for it

but you are right .... number of maps grows fast

cheers
Z

Can we safely remove some of the defalt online maps that we don't use? Just a thought.

duffys tavern Wrote:Can we safely remove some of the defalt online maps that we don't use? Just a thought.

You can trim a version(s) for mission building in FMB, but should keep a full list for online . You never know which map a server will be using.

in my list there is much duplication with fly_zo's maps......normandy A/S/W snd BoB versions etc...must be a dozen normandy maps on the list :?

fabianfred Wrote:in my list there is much duplication with fly_zo's maps......normandy A/S/W snd BoB versions etc...must be a dozen normandy maps on the list :?

those are different seasons ...winter,summer... and guess what , no problem saving missions with them 8)

but please do remove all my maps from your system ....

Could you (a user) go over the Three Column limit and still access all said maps...

IF you were to open a map as soon as you got it and saved a template even if it was blank then you could always pull up said map via Load, rather than the map lists.

When you get new maps I supose you could remove one from all.ini long enough to load another and save such as a template.

I dunno just an Idea, that might not work.

Dixiecapt Wrote:Could you (a user) go over the Three Column limit and still access all said maps...

IF you were to open a map as soon as you got it and saved a template even if it was blank then you could always pull up said map via Load, rather than the map lists.

When you get new maps I supose you could remove one from all.ini long enough to load another and save such as a template.

I dunno just an Idea, that might not work.

That should work if you've got a full list.

Don't panic, theres another 2 columns on screen where the map name will be displayed (albeit without the blue drop down background)

Just thinking forward to when they may possibly be filled up too.