To members of Slot Team... the one we're all waiting for...

I made it this morning... and it works... but, even if I would have time enough, it could not be as good as what you have done with The Slot.

[Image: Philippines.jpg]

So this one is for you, guys... only your team is able to do research to give us this map we are all waiting for !

This one is sized with 1 pixel = 200m in map_c and it loads without any problem. I made a basic map, 2 tones, beaches and forest and believe me it is good to fly over Leyte...

Please don't tell me you are not interested Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin [/url]

How big is that? 1/4 Scale?

[Image: sig2.gif]
TEAM PACIFIC

Skunkmeister Wrote:How big is that? 1/4 Scale?

Yes

map_c = 64M, map_T/map_h = 4M, map_F = 12M, ed_m01 = 48M

Really, it is a map for you, I don't have time and with all your friends, you are able to make something historically correct... and nice to watch...

I hope you will say YES ! If you want my files, I'll send you without problem, just tell me Big Grin

Wow guys, don't let this one go, it's great!

Bravo sir!

I've been dieing to see a PTO USAAF Campaign start in the Philippines and then drift to the fight for New Guinea, Rabaul, and the Solomon Island Chain.

This map woulc be a PTO mission developers Dream Come True!

Would the distance to Morotai be too far away to add to this map? P-47, P-38 and P-51 takeoff for Leyte Missions.

-)-MAILMAN-

Yes please! Waiting this one for a loooong time!!

-)-MAILMAN- Wrote:Would the distance to Morotai be too far away to add to this map? P-47, P-38 and P-51 takeoff for Leyte Missions.

Map is in progress Smile

Map is now 14400 x 14400 pixels, 1 pixel = 115m in map_c, distances are 1665 Km from north to south and east to west... this is the max size CMap tool can handle...

So impossible to add any extra area ! Sorry !

Geographically the map is ready, textures, heights, water-land junctions are ok for me, it could be released right now... but without airfields, cities, roads...

I hope a surprise for the community this week, maybe a release as it is, a "gift" of an unfinished one that some guys could finish with objects... because I don't have time enough Sad

Anyway I want to work a little on it before to do that and to be sure I give something correct... :wink:

Be warned it would be a heavy download because of the size of these files :roll:

did you edit your Bat files to 1024 from their original 512?

I don't think many people want unfinished maps....... my OkinawaJapan one flopped bigtime

fabianfred Wrote:did you edit your Bat files to 1024 from their original 512?

I don't think many people want unfinished maps....... my OkinawaJapan one flopped bigtime

for .bat file, yes I did Smile

for unfinished map maybe it's better one unfinished that some guys could adopt than no map at all before months... and for others maybe they would have fun even over a nude one... I'll see :roll:

delvpier Wrote:for unfinished map maybe it's better one unfinished that some guys could adopt than no map at all before months... and for others maybe they would have fun even over a nude one... I'll see :roll:

yes...that's what i thought too....anyway we have fun making them... :?

fabianfred Wrote:....anyway we have fun making them... :?

yes a lot.... that's why I want to share Smile

Give us what you got, that may spark interest. Your hard work is much appreciated.

Just for discussion...

I thought the slot team was thinking of maps that are contiguous with some overlapping airbases so that player can actually progressively move through the war from island to island. I just kinda got that idea when the original slot pack contains several maps from different time frames so missions built with the maps will have a historical correctness to them.

No doubt the whole Pacific Islands thing is great no matter what maps are created.

I'll appreciate any maps, especially any new maps that are as well done as Slovokia and the Slot.