Bumpy runways, Kursk Map

Some of my maps (new versions) have very bumpy/gappy runways. Makes t/o landing pretty hard!
Notably Kursk map, Tangino for example.
Have I done something wrong, can you help...please

Thanks

I think it's just on the Kursk map, the tiles? dont seam to line up properly pleas ehave a look in your game for me, let me know if yours is the same

Thanks

I presume you have created new map_h files for these maps.

The problem is that runway plates cannot be laid down neatly unless the terrain is level, or at a constant slope. If the runway is sloped then the change of level should not be more than about 1 metre per 200m grid otherwise the AI has problems maintaining the correct height on approach.

You may need to use FMB Map Editor to correct adjust the heights on map_h
When you edit the height the scenery will look wrong until you exit and reload with the new files. The object heights are not adjusted interactively in FMB Map Editor.

map_h can also affect AI planes when they enter the airfield circuit prior to landing. If there is a lot of ground variation under the approach circuit the aircraft can "lose" the correct approach envelope in which case the game engine sends the aircraft back to the start of the approach circuit. An endless loop then occurs. For large aircraft the approach circuit is about 4km out. Look at the in game map as an aircraft approaches to see where the flight path goes.

Well, i know its a bug, but i really love the uneven runways Tongue. The only problem i see with them is that in some point your plane jump while taxing.

I even think is little more realistic. Oh, well, its a bug but i like the challenge Big Grin.

Should say I dint make this map, but understood what you said, when I removed the map_h file
the problem was gone. I must be the problem with that. Thanks for the help.