[WIP] Improved Hawaii Map

double post Tongue

looks great......

something which annoyed me when I was making my Pearl Harbor mission was that the water in the Harbour area hardly allows for any moving ships...... the game engine restricts moving ships to a certain distance from land and in a narrow area will not allow them to be placed :evil:

I had to resort to fiddling in the Notepad with the mis file to get the Nevada to be able to leave it's moorings and steam down towards Hospital point where it grounded itself and then was swung by the tide to face back in its original direction...and also allow a couple of destroyers to escape the harbour area

Don't forget to make a nice Kanohe Sea-plane base...which attracted a large amount of straffing by zeros

Looks really good Smile

Oh, don't worry fabian, once I'm done with Haleiwa, Kaneohe is next on my list. Then I'll move on to Wheeler. Wink

By the way guys, if you don't like something or think something would look better if done a different way or by using a different combination of objects, please speak up. I want this thing to look good and stay close to the real thing. I'm open to any and all suggestions.

Oh, it's too fantastic to be a real thing!!!

Quick update before I head off to work;

I've been playing around with map_c and I've done a little editing to fix Pearl Harbor a bit. All of the Navy Yard's docks are now representable, with water in them, and Ford Island is much closer to it's true shape.

[Image: newharbor1.jpg]

I still need to do a little work with it. I had to fix those blurred lines that show up when you compose the map_c of a map, which has made all of the rivers and waterways significantly bigger than they should be. Anyone have any suggestions?

Work continues. I did most of Ewa last night. The only airfield left after that is Wheeler, then I'll move on to the radar sites and other installations.

...looking really good .... nice work Big Grin

cheers
Z

The blurring of map_c only occurs if you use the 'transform.bat' if you just use the disect it doesn't happen

I used compose to go from the stock map_c.tga and table files to an editable map_c.tga.

When I did that, I got those grid lines. After I had done my editing and disected the map_c file again to put it in-game, most of the rivers had spots where they constricted to almost nothing or disappeared entirely, coresponding to the locations of the "grid lines".

I haven't had to use transform.bat yet, just compose.bat and disect.bat.

Looks Fantastic m8!

WOW! I used to skip the missions from campaigns that started of in Hawaii.
I think I will replay those campaigns after this beauty is out! 8)

Very nice looking work.

And give us in readme Pearl Harbor and places of the ships Wink

Alien_12 Wrote:And give us in readme Pearl Harbor and places of the ships Wink

Please :roll:

'sigh'.. Kids today Sad