zip_Alpen_beta + update available!

Maybe add text to mark on map the Mont Blanc, Interlaken, Matterhorn and other important Alps regions?

vamipre-pilot: The map ist just ending there where Ulm begins. I knew, it is just to small :-).

Lowfighter: High is limited to 4000 Meter so Matterhorn and a (very) few other mountains are cut there. I'll try to include a little bit more information in the map, but the textual abilitys of the game are very limited here.

The memory error after ending may stay, seems to be a memory bug. May be the games internal memory is unsufficient. I never play from the FMB so i didn't notice that. The zooming memory error only occurs at M

Beautiful, after the installation, and the first flight, about Venice, and from there the high peaks of the Alps, this map me, recalled the dramatic events of WWI, I felt, catching the thoughts, and so I threw in June 'A mission in single player, (the Battle of Isonzo) :twisted: , unfortunate that in this sim not have models of aircraft style WWI, and then you pass a I153, for a Spad, not' original but an idea :mrgreen:

CONGRATULATIONS, REALLY A BEAUTIFUL MAP! Confusedhock:

P.S.
Oh, one last thing, on big cities' I have a problem, I will lock the PC, perhaps too many houses?

For the rest I have no problems, the map and 'Amazing.

THANKS ZIPZAPP. :wink:

:? ..on the big cities doesn't work...they don't appear because there are problems with reading ..

alessio Wrote:
vampire_pilot Wrote:the memory problem for me is connected to FMB and zooming into the bigger cities.
I get the read memory error for Muenchen an Wien for example but not for let's say Graz.

When flying over Muenchen or Augsburg all seems well but the memory error may or my not occur when ending the mission. I only got him when playing from FMB, not when choosing it as single mission (yet), whatever that means.
I hope this helps.

cities too crowded and too many too crowded cities on the huge map?

The same thing for the big cities Cry Cry Helps

This is the problem. :?

FYI I recently started to get the same problem with my Thailand map......and it doesn't have a big actors static :?

When testing a mission and flying it from the FMB it sometimes hangs after pressing 'Done' to leave the mission and return to FMB...and yesterday i played a mission in Single missions, then exited OK then tried to load it in FMB to make corrections and it Hung-up Confusedhock:

I did notice Fabianfred's problem on the Alpen map too. When I went back, it reloaded fine.

... me thinks it isn't cos of large actors file but rather cos of large ed_map.tga file .... after testing a mission ( from FMB) it loads ed_map all over again , hence delay

regards
Z

Zo after I downloaded the beta the first thing I did was to resize the ed maps (they all have now some 2MB or less). It didn't help getting rid of the memory crash.
Next thing I did: i split the actors into west and est. Since this I didn't have any more FMB memory crash...
So I have 2 actors.static, one for west and one for est, but of course this limits me a bit when choosing flying route, although not so much because the map is quite big.

okay... so maybe a split into two seperate maps is a solution which means two smaller but well polulated maps, or on the other hand, cutting the object count by half....

This map is so big, I already thought about why not splitting it east west. lowfighter, do you want to share your actors.static for others to test performance?

If Zipzapp is willing he can easily split the actors (or ask me for the two actors) and link downloads in this thread for testing.
The only trick with splitting: first one has to extract with the actor tools the outbuildings.txt then feed them into CutandShift (CS) program. Once the outbuildings1 (west) and outbuildings2 (est) are produced by CS one can use any of them with the create actors to create the new actor static. However besides the inbuildings there are also the other "in" files necesary so because the alps map has courrently no bridge it is necesarily for the create command TO WORK to insert artificially one bridge somewhere at the edge of the map in other words there's need for an inWing.txt file which might look like:

[Wing]
r0101
[r0101]
Planes 1
Skill 1
Class air.A_20G
Fuel 100
weapons default
[r0101_Way]
NORMFLY 2500.0 300.0 500.00 300.00 &0
NORMFLY 2700.0 300.0 500.00 300.00 &0

(quite close to the map edge)

Here's the exact position of Matterhorn peak:

123553 92724 7 1 1 0 Matterhorn

Add to texts.txt to see it on the map in FMB.
For some reason the peak is in game just 3500 meter or so. It would be good to raise it to the maximum allowed 4000m (I did a small test and the 4000m Matterhorn looks pretty cool). The little very touristic town Zermatt close by in the valley might be included too?

My after-breakfast-work today:

Reworking and populating Venice

http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/631/venedigdr8.jpg

Well, you still may need some imagination ....

Advancing the Matterhorn and adding Zermatt. To compare to first a RL photo, view from Zermatt:

http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/629/ ... ornal7.jpg

They pack away the houses to the depository there in summer, they are only needed for the tourists in winter ;-)

And thats how it looks in the game:

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bild:Zerma ... erhorn.jpg

An other hard mapping morning ist gone, time for weekend now ;-)

Still nobody told me how to postpictures here.

Hey, that looks cool and pretty close Big Grin

Posting pics: copy the link of the pic. Start your post and when you want to insert a pic, click on "Img" in the "post menu". Then paste the image location. Then click pn "Img*" ...Done.

Ehehe, and have a nice weekend M8, you built something all mountain lovers would appreciate Big Grin

Hi zipzapp, thats a nice looking Venice. I live nearby so if you want I can give you some advice add the real feel of the city...

cheers :wink: