zip_Alpen_beta + update available!

Don't forget you can always use the kronstadt plates to construct venice ...although they have been made invisible by the mod in Canon's Channel map...so their folder in Canon's objects needs to be disabled first....

It's quite impossible to build something that looks like Venice, i'm afraid. Bulidngs are extremly dense there and we don't have the right objects. So my Venice is just looking like a standard town, just a few more buildings per tlle (And even with thegerman city block that is far awayfrom the mediterranean wolrd) . I'm not happy about that. May be, the canali could be narrowed with the Kronstadt plates and may be there are other improvements possible, but that would be very time consuming. I can't do that. If you, Gitano, want to try it, i can send you the Venice actors.static. Seems i even could send it as a mission file. May be you are also interested in building italian castels?

Just a picture posting test:

[Image: venediggz3.jpg]

I can't help you at the moment cause I'm away from my gaming PC till September. Anyway here are some of my impressions/suggestions:

1) Apart the Canal Grande, city canals are usually few meters wide so they can be narrowed or completely deleted;

2) Most of buildings should face canals with their long side;

3) Canalsides are raised from sea level, I suggest to use dock Objects (140 IIRC);

4) Venice is joined to the mainland with 2 adjacent bridges (one for cars, one for trains), so I'd delete the little istmus from map_c;

5) Finally I suggest to use Leningrad and Kiev buildings rather tha german ones.

:wink:

Zpzapp, I've been adding in a mission file castles at Lausanne, Chillon, Aigle, Martigny and Sion
I'll try to do some more in the same region (Switzerland, cantons Vaud and Valais)

Great, will you send me the mission or will it be downloadable here?

Gitano, september or october is early enough, there also will also be a 1.1-version, i think. With V.1.0 you will get one railroad bridge and some much smaller Canali. A second bridge may be added after you have reworked venice ;-)

When I'm done I'll just paste the text here, it's not big.

zipzapp Wrote:Great, will you send me the mission or will it be downloadable here?

ok mate, we'll keep in touch Big Grin

Thanks so much, zipzapp, for such a very interesting map !!!

By me, it works fine. Just a problem : in the distance, the landscape becomes green (awfully green). Has someone noticed this ???

Does it come from the map or does it need some modifications of the graphic settings ???

Avoir la foi, c'est être plus sûr d'une chose que la raison ne le permet.

Hi Gaston.
You are seeing some awful green in the distance because you are old and therefore you have a poor PC and therefore you play on excelent settings. There is an image (map_F.tga) which regulates how the players see the landscape in the distance, and that image is not OK for Zipzapp's map (you can open it and see exactly that awful green and nothing else:lol: ). So for excelent players, until Zipzapp or someone else creates a good map_F, it's like you said, awfully green...

Mmmmmh... I see, lowfighter... the old man thanks you for your answer !!!

Ups. I never tried the excellent mode til now. It really looks terribly, seems i blured a little bit to much. I will change that. Even guys with a 386AT at 20 MHZ shall fly that map ;-)

Next week i will do this and some other fixing, next week after i will start the final population. I've to split the main inbuildings.txt into 50 files, create 50 actors.static from the splits, edit each in the fmb to delete the houses on the roads and water, add railway stations (thats a big problem), outact the new 50 actors.static and join the 50 new inbuildings.txt files again to the main inbuildings.txt. I'm a little bit scared of that, but i think in about two or may be three weeks i will publish the V.1.0.

Yeah, that's a lot of work, but we are waiting patiently Big Grin

Thank you so very much, zipzapp !!!

By the way, lowfighter... I am not so old that you think (well... depends of what you consider old !!! after all, diamonds are old stones... Tongue Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin ) !!!

I'm sorry Gaston, i was judging from your photo which is black and white so I thought you you took that photo long time ago :lol:
BTW, any nice spots you could suggest for detailing in Switzerland, if it's possible within the limits of the objects we have available in FMB? Just to personalize the map more (see the castles idea in the previous posts)