Urgent!!!! LOST DOCK with the WIP map of Mediterranean sea

Is it a bug with the WIP map of Mediterranean or is it a problem only with my computer

I'm using FMB to creat a what if Mediterranean campaign and I find this problem, when my aircraft are far from docks, they are just invisible and only until I get near enough or rather right above can I see them appear, at first I thought it was due to my viewing distance, but later I find that's not the case when I take a look at my ships docked there, there's no concrete docks surrounding them as I can see in the FMB, is it something need to be corrected for the map "vol_ItalyAfricaGreece" or is it only somethingwrong with my own computer?

I would more than appreciate it if anyone of all those brilliant guys here can give a reply and especially my well respected author of this fasinating map.

Here are my screenshots to help me explain the problem better

In the FMB, he docks appears well
[img=http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/5255/grab0000mu0.th.jpg]

But when I fly the mission, they just evaporate (My aircraft is far away and I pressed shift+F2 to view my CV and get this picture
[img=http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/7130/grab0001vb9.th.jpg]

When I fly close enough and again shift +F2, they appear again.
[img=http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/7616/grab0002tw9.th.jpg]

Just about right above them can they reappear
[img=http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4075/grab0004nr3.th.jpg]

I am in desperate need of your reply because I cant wait making my first campaign using this marvellous map of the Mediterranean sea, and if it's not the problem of my PC and no more than a small bug of the WIP, and I just can't wait for the final version to be released

many thanks to all concerned and again sorry for my poor English[/img]

hi there ,

i believe this happens because all "new" maps hasn't fully compatible with excellent mode ( graphic) so all sorts of anomalies can occur ... do try it in perfect mode ( if possible )

regards
Z

fly_zo Wrote:hi there ,

i believe this happens because all "new" maps hasn't fully compatible with excellent mode ( graphic) so all sorts of anomalies can occur ... do try it in perfect mode ( if possible )

regards
Z

I did try the excellent mode only to find myself struck with a mixing feeling, the good thing is that there's not as big a drop in FPS as expected, the bad thing is that those docks still hides away when my aircraft is far away.

By the way, if this problem can't been seen thus solved bu the author in a foreseeable future, is there any maps available for FMB with lots of harbours? I am interested in making my campaign a combination of air power and naval strength. many thanks again to all my respected guys here

lt_eurofighter Wrote:I did try the excellent mode ....

you mean perfect mode?

to be able to play in perfect mode you must run game in openGL .... not in D3d mode (IL2 setup)

as for harbors goes .... first one i can think of is Italy_online map ( from stock ones) .... it has two or three huge harbors and lots of small ones

hope that helps
Z

fly_zo Wrote:
lt_eurofighter Wrote:I did try the excellent mode ....

you mean perfect mode?

to be able to play in perfect mode you must run game in openGL .... not in D3d mode (IL2 setup)

as for harbors goes .... first one i can think of is Italy_online map ( from stock ones) .... it has two or three huge harbors and lots of small ones

hope that helps
Z

I tried OpenGL mode, there was some improvemwnt in terms of object lighting effects and a drop in FPS, but as for the issue of harbour, sadly it's still in vain. I don't know if it will ever been corrected since it's quite unlikely that the author will take this so called bug seriously with most of the guys here running it fine under the perfect mode, If he kindly will, I will give him my most sincere gratitude, and if not (most likely), I will have to bitterly wave goodbye to my beloved map of the Medeterrain Sea

As far as i know, there is a pop up distance problem with all custom placed objects in every map.

Just in case, check you have VisibilityDistance=3 in your conf.ini, both for directX and OpenGL.

Finally, there is another mod site, that can't be named here, which offers for download an increased visibility of objects. It's not CRT=2 compatible, and there is quite a drop in FPS (i don't use it, it's too much for my 7900GTX), but it's a solution to your pop up problem.

rollnloop Wrote:As far as i know, there is a pop up distance problem with all custom placed objects in every map.

Just in case, check you have VisibilityDistance=3 in your conf.ini, both for directX and OpenGL.

Finally, there is another mod site, that can't be named here, which offers for download an increased visibility of objects. It's not CRT=2 compatible, and there is quite a drop in FPS (i don't use it, it's too much for my 7900GTX), but it's a solution to your pop up problem.

It doesn't seem to be a problem with all custom subjects placed in any map but a particular problem with this one as far as my computer suggest, my visibility distance in the conf.ine file has always been set to 3 ever since my game was installed and I've also tried other map such as one featuring Fortress Malta, It had far more objects than the one we have been talking about such as tons of houses and dock facility as well, but it doesn't have the problem like this. I quite understand what you mean by pop up distance and I don't think it anything incorrect not to be able to see the docks when I'm viewing it in my aircraft far away, but what worries me is that even when I set my view on the flightdeck of a CV docked there, there's still nothing around them just as the pictures suggest.

With gerat respect and gratitude, I'm asking if the author can spare any time to have a check and correct this if possible