WIP : Croatia + scale 1:1

~S~ Zo,
I can't wait to see this map...very impressive m8!

can't wait too :lol:

Fly_zo dont forget Pula harbour!

any news? Smile

still working on it .... decided to rework complete elevations for rivers and lakes and it is really time consuming.... with no attractive results which would deserve update pictures. All changes of elevation for certain river need to get hand painted and tuned .... if you're familiar with local landscape than you can imagine amount of work it demands .

remember it is 1:1 scale
[Image: fly_Z_map_h.jpg]

@Snuff_Pidgeon: well , it was represented on my Croatian coast template (Italy map) and " dark clouds over Croatia" campaign .... so don't worry ... it won't get forgotten

thank you all for your interest Big Grin

regards
Z

first time reading this, Looks Fab. Really impressed, well done

many thanks Big Grin

Z

Hi Zo, this looks pretty interesting. I did some map modding and tile painting for classic/modern jet sim series SF/WOV/WOE, I mostly did high resolution google earth based tiles(Germany,Vietnam,Korea,Libya,South America) but also whole terrains including my current Balkans project.
I'll check out how are things done with the textures in il2, and if I find I can do something, I might be able to offer you a set of high res textures...

Brain32 Wrote:Hi Zo, this looks pretty interesting. I did some map modding and tile painting for classic/modern jet sim series SF/WOV/WOE, I mostly did high resolution google earth based tiles(Germany,Vietnam,Korea,Libya,South America) but also whole terrains including my current Balkans project.
I'll check out how are things done with the textures in il2, and if I find I can do something, I might be able to offer you a set of high res textures...

well hello Big Grin

nice to see you in this part of the world Big Grin

as for textures goes , it will be great if you can pull something out .... please do bear in mind that three climate zone needs to get represented with one set of textures so "universal" kind would be the most useful.

If you need any assistance regarding mods or anything ... please don't hesitate to PM me Big Grin
... and send my best regards to Kuna when you "see" him

cheers
Z

... after all those new texture files coming out ( for which i'm eternally grateful Big Grin ) i couldn't resist , so here you have

from Zargeb ( where it will be :wink: ) to Adriatic sea :

[Image: cro_0808_01.jpg]

[Image: cro_0808_02.jpg]

[Image: cro_0808_03.jpg]

[Image: cro_0808_04.jpg]

[Image: cro_0808_05.jpg]

Confusedhock: Great work! Those textures are fantastic! 8)

This is a very nice looking map.
Congratulations.
What about a dusting of snow on the high peaks?
I don't know if that is accurate for the climate, and I wouldn't want to see it if it wasn't,
but the thought crossed my mind as I was looking at the screenie of the higher peaks.

von Kopfdorfer

Can't wait when I'll be first time in Croatia !

Ranwers Wrote:Can't wait when I'll be first time in Croatia !

thanks m8 , .... but not so soon i'm afraid

as soon as i lay down roads/rails and place some major cities i'll send you files to try it

sure try to visit it in RL though :wink:

cheers
Z

Kopfdorfer Wrote:This is a very nice looking map.
Congratulations.
What about a dusting of snow on the high peaks?
I don't know if that is accurate for the climate, and I wouldn't want to see it if it wasn't,
but the thought crossed my mind as I was looking at the screenie of the higher peaks.

von Kopfdorfer

well , those high peaks are actually in Mediterranean climate zone .... but this map covers part of Alps too, so you'll have some snow on it :wink:

anyway i'm planing to make winter version also, so .... Big Grin

thanks for showing interest

Z