Placing a new airfield (plate?) on anexisting Map

Acolytes of the dark arts, I have a question...

I am designing a campaign map, hopefully to be used for an online campaign. I am using the Murmansk Summer Map.
For this campaign, I would like to have an airfield under construction, a forward fighter strip/emergency strip as it were. I am not satisfied with the usage (or frankly the visual choices) of the Test Airfield Objects. I also find them problematic for several reasons:
-taxiing aircraft bounding into the air when moving over a seam
-taxiing aircraft bounding into the air when taxiing off the strip (all of which are elevated above ground level
-aircraft mysteriously taxiing about 30cm/1ft above the ground like magic when using the hidden Test airstrip.

I would like to carefully place runway and taxiway myself in such away as engineers would do it - by levelling an appropriate area.

Is there a simple mechanism for achieving this, or do I need to delve completely into the whole mapmaking world - a possibility which daunts my archaic thinker muscle.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Oh and just to make it more annoying, most other aspects of the build are done, so I'd be loath to have to start again to get this right.

Grateful for any help

von Kopfdorfer

If you are using the FMB+ then the airfield plates are available to you to include in the mission file...just like placing other objects...

but if you want it to be used as an airstrip by the AI...then you need to use the FullFMB and alter the actors.static file