Philippines v1.1 now completed... to download

Looks promising, i'll be sure to test next beta.

Can you try to make the fields textures a little less "fluo" and a bit more brown please too ? (check google maps for example for satellite views ?

http://maps.google.fr/maps?hl=fr&q=Phil ... 9&t=h&z=15

fabianfred Wrote:I made an ed_map_t.tga by copying and renaming the map_t.tga .....(to help ships go closer to the shore and between islands)

Well, about ships waypoints and ed_map_T relation... I didn't know :?

I am not against changes of this map and sharing... it is the spirit of this community... even I proposed this project to members of Slot Team because I'm not the best modder nor skinner and I think such a big map desserves the best... but they had other projects...

But the point is to keep coherence...

Fabian could you check your mail ?

Dear Fabian fred,
I know that bloody Mt kinabalu. I climbed it last year..............NEVER AGAIN!!....it's too bloody high......I am 60 this year so I suppose it's to be expected.
regards,
SLP

Interesting start delvpier in map modding,good luck mate ;-)

magot Wrote:Interesting start delvpier in map modding,good luck mate ;-)

Not really a start... made Sinai... flyable Admiralty Islands, South Ukraine, Provence still on my computer :wink:

sentinel Wrote:Dear Fabian fred,
I know that bloody Mt kinabalu. I climbed it last year..............NEVER AGAIN!!....it's too bloody high......
I deeply respect work of Fabianred, he sent me yesterday his adaptation of map_h and I must admit it looks better... even if there is land/see height problem near Lingayen to be corrected... and I don't find this bloody Mt Kinabalu... so I can't say...

More, he give me his advice for color of textures and... YES, it's better this way :wink:

Thanks Fabian.

delvpier Wrote:
magot Wrote:Interesting start delvpier in map modding,good luck mate ;-)

Not really a start... made Sinai... flyable Admiralty Islands, South Ukraine, Provence still on my computer :wink:
ahh sorry I have from you for now only Sinai,it s a very good map :wink:

Sinai map will be good for my coming mod Avias S-199 in Izrael-Egypt conflict Big Grin

Dear Delvpier,
It's on the NE coast of Borneo.
regards,
SLP.

sentinel Wrote:Dear Delvpier,
It's on the NE coast of Borneo.
regards,
SLP.

near the town of Kota Kinabalu which is the capital of Sabah :wink:

dude, i like totally live in the Philippines man \m/
I think you're gonna have trouble modelling the whole place, we got alatta islands
Maybe you could focus more on the North, as in Luzon
cause thats where Manila is, and alot of the other stuff (like the Jap invasion area, etc)

looma32 Wrote:dude, i like totally live in the Philippines man \m/
I think you're gonna have trouble modelling the whole place, we got alatta islands
Maybe you could focus more on the North, as in Luzon
cause thats where Manila is, and alot of the other stuff (like the Jap invasion area, etc)

Well, about area covered by the map.... it's a choice... there was a lot of action in the south, fights IJA vs KNIL 41_42, Battle of Leyte and Kamikaze 44 so I think it's a good choice to have the whole area as for now

... but maybe later we could have a northern area with Taiwan included... one problem is the fact that we need to cut some islands to make it and really this is not giving a good look in game...

By the way, Fabian and Sentinel, thanks for localisation :wink:

is this what you want ? :wink:

[Image: Formose.jpg]

Not easy, Formose has a very accidental relief...

and by the way, with this one, I can't save a mission in FMB... without knowing why !
I had to write directly in the .mis file made with an other map to flight...

Bloody hell, it's boring :x :x :x

yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!super!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

archie1971 Wrote:yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!super!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

... take it easy... it is not for next week... I can't make two maps at the same time !

... and still I don't know why I can't save mission with this one :evil:

Hey there I wanted to go ahead and ask if it is going to be possible to play this map in Excellent mode. Will It's Map_F be set up to allow such with out bleed throughs?