Calling all Geniuses

THe old game B17 II has a flak map for navigation that shows flak concentrations and navigation points that I would love to see in our Maps
The game map is located in a 300MB file called B17Map.dat
Anyone figure out how to extract this map would help all of us

I have found a real issued one online but can't afford the $300 asking price

http://www.dortchsmilitarysales.com/gpage63.html
[Image: berlinmap1.JPG]
and
[Image: berlinmap2.JPG]

.... would this map be sufficient ? thanks to Sani :

(The link is inoperative)

Z

Thanks Z
looks good, but doesn't show flak areas.

I'm thinking this would be useful information for map makers and mission builders, so I'm still hoping there's something more out there

Good idea Smile

The flak map is showing relative effective range of known flak positions on a player's map. That would obviously be useful, but would need to be a "selectable" display option so mission creators could still make use of "fog of war" ... not every AAA position was known to the enemy, especially mobile units.

~~~

Going a bit deeper, it would be very useful to have all artillery (land and naval), as well as tank main-gun ranges show up (somehow?) within FMB. Perhaps as a range circle around the placed object. Can't tell you how many times I've tried to build an involved ground battle only to find most of my artillery was out of range (the inequality between land artillery range and naval artillery ranges has been discussed here recently).

i believe the plural of genius is genii. Big Grin

Annoying the annoying, so you don't have to.
[Image: 29p95pf.gif]

Doh! You beat me to it Moggy! Though, Geniuses is also correct....

Just a thought, would it be possible to just take screen shots from the game? would that suffice?

Pirate