My Sim & I have QMB confusion..many pics of same:

Recently I realized that I needed to add many of the new maps to my all.ini. list.Since I'm an old semi=pro I thought this would be no problem...so following instructions I began adding proper lines until I had this in my all ini file:

[Image: a.jpg]
[Image: Untitled-1.jpg]
[Image: Untitled-2.jpg]
for these maps:
[Image: Untitled-3.jpg]
[Image: Untitled-4.jpg]
[Image: Untitled-5.jpg]
There were other lines from a couple of maps downloaded to be added to all text_all files but since I have at least two of these folders I didn't use these yet.
Ok checling back in the game's QMB builder I looked at the maps available there were the usual ones that worked found at the top of the list ,but there were tons of new ( perhaps bogus most of them preceded with the letters ER or GW but not exclusively so) ) that would not do a thing & had titles I simply didn't recognoze ...more like QMB Missions)ones near the bottom:
[Image: 220320098-30-43.jpg]
[Image: 220320098-30-48.jpg]
[Image: 220320098-30-54.jpg]
[Image: 220320098-31-02.jpg]
[Image: 220320098-31-15.jpg]
[Image: 220320098-31-24.jpg]
[Image: 220320098-31-30.jpg]
[Image: 220320098-31-43.jpg]
And when thses "new" maps were chosen for anything I got this message:

[Image: 220320098-32-34.jpg]
[Image: 220320098-32-46.jpg]

Now I'm the first to admit somewhere I've screwed this up & somewhere in some folder there are things that don't belong...but I haven't much of an idea of where to start to clean this up..nothing seems tp affect ( effect) game play...tho I don't seem to have use of a Malta map to make Flieger Korps X work:
[Image: 220320098-33-43.jpg]
[Image: 220320098-33-54.jpg]
[Image: 220320098-34-09.jpg]

So what can I do ...what's with the Wrong Target message? Should Ijust take a nap instead?
:roll: ( & yes I just donated to this great site!!!)

Dietz, any map in the QMBPlus list that does not have "MIS file"entries in the "Quick" folder will give you a "Wrong target selected" message.

What mod version are you using? One of the soundmods or the Universal Installer 1.1?

When you add a line to the Custom= list, it adds that map to the QMBPlus. Remove any Custom= line and that map will not show in QMBPlus, that explains where all those ER and GW maps came from.

Where did you get all those Custom75-99= ER entries?
Did you download mission packs for all of them?
Those would lead to "MIS files" in the "Quick" folder that contain the "ER" prefix and denote "MIS files" made available by Easy Rider.
If you have the MIS files, the map should load with whatever target type you select. If not, Wrong target will show.

(By the way, Easy Rider did a massive job making the QMBPlus work properly and getting rid of Wrong target selected messages and was rewarded for his efforts by a lot of pissing and moaning from people not able to read and/or understand simple instructions so he moved on to better things, I guess he is now heavily involved in bringing WWI to 1946.)(not applicable to you,Dietz, just a point of information.)

The GW prefix points the QMBPlus to maps revised by GilB57 and are available for download here:
viewtopic.php?t=11498

You may be at a point where you need a fresh start with QMBPlus.
If so, let us know here and someone will help, if possible.

This below is only a cosmetic improvement, it has nothing to do with any map or mission problems.
If you want to see the right QMBPlus screen:
1. Open the "files/i18n folder in the main 1946 game directory.
2. Open the "gui_ru" file with notepad.
3. Add these lines at the end of the "gui_ru file and save it.

# ---QMBPlus 1.1

quick.Scramble Scramble
quick.Strike Strike
quick.VER: QMBPlus
quick.POS: Diff.

This will replace the "quick.VER" title with "QMBPlus"

Just wondering, what are the first 57 Custom= entries?

Forager Wrote:Dietz, any map in the QMBPlus list that does not have "MIS file"entries in the "Quick" folder will give you a "Wrong target selected" message.Ahhh...Is there a quick way to make them usable in QMB?

What mod version are you using? One of the soundmods or the Universal Installer 1.1? Universal Installer1.1

When you add a line to the Custom= list, it adds that map to the QMBPlus. Remove any Custom= line and that map will not show in QMBPlus, that explains where all those ER and GW maps came from.Should I get rid of them ? If so How?Better how do I make them operational?

Where did you get all those Custom75-99= ER entries? Don't know...honest!
Did you download mission packs for all of them?I must have ...huh?
Those would lead to "MIS files" in the "Quick" folder that contain the "ER" prefix and denote "MIS files" made available by Easy Rider.
If you have the MIS files, the map should load with whatever target type you select. If not, Wrong target will show. Makes sense...I wonder what mission files I must have used ...maybe I saved them...

(By the way, Easy Rider did a massive job making the QMBPlus work properly and getting rid of Wrong target selected messages and was rewarded for his efforts by a lot of pissing and moaning from people not able to read and/or understand simple instructions so he moved on to better things, I guess he is now heavily involved in bringing WWI to 1946.)(not applicable to you,Dietz, just a point of information.) I promise - I am not pissing & moaning!
The GW prefix points the QMBPlus to maps revised by GilB57 and are available for download here:
viewtopic.php?t=11498

You may be at a point where you need a fresh start with QMBPlus.
If so, let us know here and someone will help, if possible.That's just what I was thinking..lemme know how Smile

This below is only a cosmetic improvement, it has nothing to do with any map or mission problems.
If you want to see the right QMBPlus screen:
1. Open the "files/i18n folder in the main 1946 game directory.
2. Open the "gui_ru" file with notepad.
3. Add these lines at the end of the "gui_ru file and save it.

# ---QMBPlus 1.1

quick.Scramble Scramble
quick.Strike Strike
quick.VER: QMBPlus
quick.POS: Diff.
Ok doke!

This will replace the "quick.VER" title with "QMBPlus"

Just wondering, what are the first 57 Custom= entries?

Hi Dietz

FYI
The first pic with all the quick entry's to your config you must have copied that from an old post.
they were never in any install instructions,I know the post where all those names came from and it warned about copiying these names and not having all the missions.

All those missions are no longer available to go with those name so the entries are useless.Also you need the mission to go with the names.

This should be in the Missions discussion section as it has to do with missions and not maps.
The QMB runs on missions not maps,you cannot add maps to the QMB,only missions that you have maps for in your game.

You need more in the QMB than just copying names to the quick list in order for it to function correctly.It is all in the ReadMe by FC that comes with the QMBPlus at the bottom of his ReadMe.

This has been covered before in a thread of yours also>
viewtopic.php?t=11129&highlight=
EasyRider Wrote:Hey Man

the root folder IL2 Strumoviks 1946 should have a stock quicks folder in it from the CD.
It's for use from in the QMB . You may create missions in the QMB and then save them there to fly again later,click on save at the bottom..You can get other Quicks and put them in that Quicks folder in your main game folder and play them through the QMB.click on load at bottom.

These missions or files must be > so_andSo__mission.Quick
with the .Quick extension.

The other folder called Quick that resides with-in your mission folder has files with different file extensions , they end with .mis

They all start with the name of the specific map.

They should all end with a 00.mis to be more precise. > MapName_Red or Blue_Target_00.mis
These essentialy have been created , (mission parameters I call them) so you can actually fly the new maps.Otherwise you may have the name of the map to fly in the QMB but with out these files you will get a "Target not Selected" error and will not be able to fly the map.

The new maps you add will have to be added to the bottom of the config file with-in the main game folder in order for there name to show in the QMB and to be able to select them to fly.Most maps have related info to do this,if not all of the add-on maps.

Here's a link to a thread all about it, page 8 has some really good info to your questions>
(The link is inoperative)

Easy

Hope this helps you out to understand it a bit,I remembered this as it was my third post here from joining AAA

Easy

Here is an explanation of how the QMB interprets missions and maps,this may be usefull to read

EasyRider Wrote:Hi JetsetSam

I will try and explain this for you as simply as I can ,ok
there is going to be a lot to read so I hope you do read it all ,read it all more than once if you have to.
I am taking a considerable amount of time to write this all

You need to understand that the list in the QMBPlus has nothing to do with maps.
Absolutely nothing at all to do with maps.

The names in the list in the QMBPLus are the names of the missions not the maps.
Most do not understand this at all as everyone insists about the map the map the map.

Ok, the reason everyone keeps thinking this is a list of maps in the QMB is that most people have named there missions according to what map you will be flying on.So it just seems to be the maps name in the QMB list.

There are only three things that will make a name not show in the config [quick] list

1> something is spelled wrong
2>numbers are not in numerical order from 0 on up
3> a Capitalization error

I am not sure but I think that a space will not allow a name to show,
but I have not run across this yet as I don't use spaces in my mission names

When a mission builder builds for the QMB he can name his missions anything he wants , ok
Also he can make you fly on whatever map that he as the mission builder wants to pick.

He could name it > SandysDesert for the mission names

ok, now you would then have to add to your config "SandysDesert" and do it of course in numerical order with proper spelling and capitalization.

The missions made for SandysDesert would all have to be named like this>

SandysDesertRedNone00.mis
SandysDesertBlueNone00.mis

and ete ete for all the Targets that are selectasble in the Target drop down box in the QMB

SandysDesertRedArmor00.mis
SandysDesertBlueArmor00.mis

And so on and so forth for all targets such as Bridge ,Airbase,Scramble and strike

Now SandysDesert would need to be spelled exactly the same for it to show up in the QMB list
SandysDesert is not a map that is in the mapmod folder.... ok

So now you should realize that the mapmod folder and all the maps and whatever is in your all.ini have nothing to do with the QMB or the list that is in it.

Ok now for a bit about the map part,

SandysDesert could be on any map the "mission builder" wants it to be.
NWE ,Malta map ,ItalyAfricaGreece,
any map that is available to the mission builder in the Full Mission Builder (the FMB)

To understand this further,I could make SandysDesert on 12 different maps ok
there are 12 missions that have to be made for a full set.I could make a set for SandysDesert and make every single mission on a different map.

So you would have to enter SandysDesert into your config to see the name of the "mission" in the QMB(not the name of the map the name of the missions).

Now when you have this name in the list showing and a few aircraft selected ete.
I could make SandysDesert play out on 12 different maps,so every single target you chose would put you on a different map.

This is because when I am in the FMB I can load any map I want and put the required aircraft in to make the mission work and then just simply name the mission>

SandysDesertRedBridge00.mis

now the bridge mission would be on that map that I chose for that mission.
I could then load a completely different map and make another completely different mission and as long as I name it>

SandysDesert whatever Red Or Blue and any of the other targets as in
example:

SandysDesertRedScramble00.mis now when you select the Red bridge mission you fly on the map I chose for the bridge mission and when flying the red scramble mission you will now be on a different map ,the one I chose for the scramble mission.

and so on and so forth ,one name in the list and 12 different maps for the one name.

Thats it really,the name in the QMB list has nothing to do with maps!

First, Il2 Sturmovik 1946 Stock CD starts the QMB off with>

Okinawa
Coral Sea
Pacific Islands
Smolensk
Moscow 1
Crimea

The QMB Plus ,when it installs it inserts these names although you do not see them in your config>
*Note> the 6 names* from above are in this list

Slovakia
Okinawa*
Coral Sea*
Pacific Islands*
Smolensk*
Moscow 1*
Kuban
Crimea*
Norway
Kurland Autumn Online
New Guinea
Hawaii
Desert Online
Italy Online
Online4Summer
Berlin
Normandy2
OnlineMT
Burma

ALL other "mission names" must be added to the config.

I still have a copy of your QMB + Tutorial ER... I saved it over the fence at my place, as well... some of our members don't have the patience for browsing around....

http://www.raf662.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28341

RAF_Magpie Wrote:I still have a copy of your QMB + Tutorial ER... I saved it over the fence at my place, as well... some of our members don't have the patience for browsing around....

http://www.raf662.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28341

Ah right on,thanks for linking it Magpie

Magpie's link may help you James :wink:

James I have noticed in the your pic's you have a few mistakes in your all.ini

Some of the names have the "little square thingy" in front of them in case some maps are giving you trouble.I notice a least one double entry also,it was the Lybia map,one entry has the square thingy in front and one entry is with out the square thing in front.

this little square should be only one little square at the very top of the all.ini
just above [All] as in your pic,this is the only little square you need in your all.in
Or at least mine is that way as I just looked at it.

look at your pic's and notice the square thing above the [All]
[Image: Untitled-3.jpg]

This pic has two names with the square in front,Canarias and the Lybia double entry
[Image: Untitled-4.jpg]
This pic shows another square at the bottom of your all.ini
[Image: Untitled-5.jpg]

I thought I would point that out to you,hope your getting it figured out

Easy

Big Grin