Spain - Old Map with New Textures

Well roll me in flour and bake me over a slow fire ... right you are!

I guess I just automatically assumed the original name of the map, 'SpainSW', was correct and never stopped to think further. Shame on me ... I used to like geography in school though ... ha ha.

Hi!

Thanx for this beautiful map , I haven't downloaded it before because I have missed it in the forum (sigh) now I'll install it soon!!!

Hope someane can complain my topic about the He51 mod request , so we can have about all the bird of this war and we can try to be a real Condor Legion man!!!

cheers

walter

SEMPER INCOMMODUS

Please, who know do a Quick mission for that nice map? Were are TITUS and Easy Rider? I dont know do well, sometimes work with bugs...

MOD is LIFE!!

When opening NEW1 i get an Error message. Opening NEW2 there is a crash to desktop... (??? ) :roll: 8)

I've got the same problem as modman, error message in FMB reads:
World.land()LoadMap()error.java.lang.RuntimeException:Landscape'dlc_SpainSW/dlc_loadNEW2.ini'loading error
Installed as per instructions. I'll add that I've never had a CTD from anything related to maps before, so it is a bit weird... :?: :roll: :?:

Thank you agracier, it's a nice map (I had already tried the original version, and this new one looks very good).

Coming back to the subject of maps from Spain, there exists already one, not from mainland certainly, but from the Canary Islands, by ourselves. More over, we are currently working in a smaller map centered on Ebro's battle, although it is going to take some time yet to be in beta version. Anyway, it will be in testable shape sooner than you might expect.
lol

Opening NEW2 there is a crash to desktop

On the original map from a year ago, nothing was changed in the load.ini files except a number of textures, some 16 I believe.

I do know however from experience on my own machine, that for some reason the maps do not seem to work under 'Perfect' landscape settings. My game crashes/disappears to desktop too.

So I run Il-2 under the next best landscape settings, namely 'Excellent'.

That may be an option.

Opening NEW2 there is a crash to desktop

You might also wish to check if you have Benders SKY V2 mod installed. Map NEW2 does have Bender's Cloud textures installed.

If you don't have that (very good and useful) cloud mod installed, you can edit the NEW2.ini map by replacing these 2 lines:

[APPENDIX]
HighClouds = Clouds256_1.tga
HighCloudsNoise = CloudsNoise_1.tga

With the following default lines:

[APPENDIX]
HighClouds = sk_Clouds256.tga
HighCloudsNoise = sk_CloudsNoise.tga

not from mainland certainly, but from the Canary Islands

Yes and it is a very great map too. I've already made quite a number of missions dealing with alternate history scenarios such as either a British or Portuguese invasion of the Canary Islands. I love the terrain elevations, so steep and sudden and the incredible range of landscapes on the islands.

Can't wait to see the Ebro map you are planning. Will it be including places like Roden and Belchite? I've visited the ruins over the past 2 years and they are still haunting and eerie in my memory.

Sad I meet the same problem with bigbossmalone,sometimes the new1 also have this problem,and the game crash when I what to open it...

I used to have the same problems as other forum members here: Crash to Desktop, NEW2 not opening because of Java error etc. but now it works without any problem (well at least in my case)

All tips are already in previous posts.

1. The thing is you have to play this map in Excellent Mode and n

Just two nice screenies...

[Image: Sp01.jpg]

[Image: Sp04.jpg]

agracier Wrote:not from mainland certainly, but from the Canary Islands

Yes and it is a very great map too. I've already made quite a number of missions dealing with alternate history scenarios such as either a British or Portuguese invasion of the Canary Islands. I love the terrain elevations, so steep and sudden and the incredible range of landscapes on the islands.

Can't wait to see the Ebro map you are planning. Will it be including places like Roden and Belchite? I've visited the ruins over the past 2 years and they are still haunting and eerie in my memory.

it's rewarding to learn that you are using the "canarias" map to develope missions. Would it be possible to have access to some of those?
thanks folk

ftarquisa Wrote:
agracier Wrote:not from mainland certainly, but from the Canary Islands

it's rewarding to learn that you are using the "canarias" map to develope missions. Would it be possible to have access to some of those?
thanks folk

thank you

While the new textures may not be the acme of professionalism, under certain conditions (dawn and dusk flying/ flying up to 2500m) they still look acceptable. And besides, for a map of Spain, this map is still the only game in town.

Anyway, I'm trying for a winter map. One can always simply lift the textures from other winter maps, say from the excellent ones of Slovakia winter and the GW Norway/Ardennes maps for instance. but the general landscape of parts of Spain might not be adequately simulated.

Just to show how it's coming along, here are a few screenshots of possible winter maps for the dlc_SpainSW map.

Please pay no attention to the skins. I just wanted to show some landscape shots.

[img]

[/img]

[img]

[/img]