delvpier_Philippines Map

~S~ All!
First I want to say that you did a great job with the Philippines Map, however there are some major flaws in it. You left out a lot of Major Air Fields with out Runways on them. Plus you left out a couple of Air Fields that should be in the Map.
On Luzon you left the runways off :
Clark Air Field
Aparri 1&2 Air Fields
Nichols Air Field
Zamblan (correct spelling is Zablan) Air Fields.
For Air Fields left off the Map
Cebu and Lapu-Lapu, there was a Japanese Air Base in the center of Cebu (Lahug AF) and an Air Base next to Lapu-Lapu (Opon). These are important Air Bases that should have been included in the Map.
Mindanao Island:
Del Monte, this is the Air Field that was used to fly Gen. MacArthur out of the Philippines Islands.
Davao: You have 1 AF there, there was also Davao 2 AF.
Zamoanga: You have an AF there, but no runways , the VMF 115 Squadron was station there in 1945.
Leyte:
Tacloban AF should be a made a little bit bigger because the 43rd BG which flew B-24 off from that AF in the begaining. Plus San Pablo and Bayug AF should be added to Leyte Island.

Also there was no Japanese or American Sea Plane Base on Dinagat Island or in Cagayan de Oro.
I have talk to the older people there and they do not remember any Sea Plane Bases there.

I am not here to Bash or say any bad about the Map. I think You did a very Great Job on it.
I just wanted to point out some important infromation about it. Hoping in due time you, when you have the time to fix these few things.
Here is a good reference for you when you due have the time to rework the Philippines Map or maybe if some other Map Modder gets permission from you to redo the Map.
http://www.pacificwrecks.com/airfields/ ... index.html

It would be nice to see the map udgrade in order to build Historical Missions in the Philippines.
delvpier, You did a Great Job on this Map. Keep up the Great Work and Thank Yopu for making it.
Yours Truly
Kabayo

I don't understand well first part about missing runways on Luzon... there are airfields for Clark, Nichols and Aparri and they have all runway points !? AAA members corrected some things for release of Unified Installer version 1.1... but I didn't check much the files they sent me :oops:

For others, my goal was not exactly to make a fully historical map... it is really too much for one single man... I'm not Slot Team :roll: ... so I had to decide what airfield to put on the map and those to leave off...

... and now I'm fully involved in some new projects... with some good news in a few hours :wink:

... so I'm far away from Pilippines... :roll: