Far Map and Horizon Color

I've been enjoying myself with retexturing maps. But there has been one problem/glitch I haven't been able to figure out. Not even with help from the map making tutorials.

It concerns the colors the map displays on the horizons and in the far distance.

It seems that even if I replace all the textures with new and differently base-colored textures, then still the horizon color remains the same as in the original map.

It's easy to see in the photos below. For clarity's sake, I replaced all the textures with very brown colored textures. Not because it's pleasing to the eye, but to try and find which texture influences the horizon color. As far as I can tell, no matter which textures are used, the original horizon color remains. Either a green color for summer maps, or a whitish color for winter maps.

In these shots it's not all that prominently visible, but on others much more so. So I was wondering, how does one change the horizon coloring? It doesn't seem to be via texture files, nor with camouflage type, month number, temperature or anything else that I can find.

I have a suspicion that the line 'FarMap = map_FW.tga', might be responsible somehow, but it's just an idea.

If anyone knows how it's done, or what to change in order to more harmonize the horizon/far distance coloring with the rest of the map, I'd be very grateful.

[img]

[img][/img]

Are you flying in 'Excellent' mode, instead of Perfect?

Because if you are it's map_f that is causing the problem. It's just an RGB tga that the map maker creates with the right colours for the far-view. It's not used in Perfect mode but it is in Excellent.

I fly in 'excellent' mode, since 'perfect' mode often causes my game to crash when i load certain maps. Never been able to figure out why some maps cause a crash while others don't.

Anyway, thanks for the tip, it is something to look into, which I did, but now on the same map I get this effect on the horizon - whitish colors ...

It is something i will look into further. Maybe the solution lies in the map settings. Thanks for the tip.

[img]

[/img]

[img][/img]