[WIP] La Palma map.

Hi

alongside my works on berlin textures and helping agracier populating his map, i am creating a own map.
Its the canary Island La Palma. The map will not be big, but that more accurate.
I am still working on textures and later I will populate it and set up street and the airfield (-s?).
Here you see two of my textures good, my forest configuration ( with agraciers spain textures (THX alot)) and a village texture with some buildings. The Village was only a test, so it will not exactly as it is be on the finished map.
If someone nows La PAlma well the village is near to the real Tajuya.

[Image: grab0000.jpg]
More screens with new things will follow

Maybe you missed it, but the Canary islands were done already, by HR and posted by ftarquisa:
viewtopic.php?t=13008

I'm sorry if that burst your bubble, but better you know that it wouldn't be a wasted effort.

I only know the island form flying to it, but La Palma (La Isla Bonita) is mostly a very green island and textures created for the S Spain (Andalucia) do not match its real aspect.

On the other hand, vegetation in the Canary Islands is very different from those of Morocco and Spain. Dirt is really dark, sometimes pitch black (Lanzarote, Fuerteventura) and covers all those volcanic islands.

On the other hand, not wanting to turn you down in this magnificient project. what is the point for making a map of La Palma?
Fuerteventura was a secret base for German submarines, but La Palma (I believe) had no significant role during WW2.

I make this map, because I was there many times in the holidays and I like it very much.
We must not only fly historical, we can do some sight-seeing trips :wink:
I know canary Islands were made before, but I have new textures included and it is much more detailed as the big canry map.

I want to train my map skills, and if you don

if you make it, i will fly it,,, :wink: Big Grin

Don't take me wrong... If you make the map, I will use it and enjoy it.

Just I don't get the point.... but if you say it is just for fun, it is OK with me.

It never hurts to make maps to hone your skills. If you really want to make a good map, you're going to have to make a lot of other maps first ... and I would guess that the best way to learn is also to post your creations so that you can get advice from other members ....

Besides, a personal touch to your choice of map is a good way of making sure you give it your best shot.

Go for it and give it your all ...

JG3_VonHahn Wrote:... but I have new textures included and it is much more detailed as the big canry map.
Copy and understood. Smile

again it goes back to the argument
not everything has to be historical, or for some purpose

the grand canyon map will be great for racing, maybe this one for just exploring, honeing ur flying abilty, admiring the view, whatever goes!

keep up the good work!

Tongue

Andy Brandt Wrote:again it goes back to the argument
not everything has to be historical, or for some purpose

the grand canyon map will be great for racing, maybe this one for just exploring, honeing ur flying abilty, admiring the view, whatever goes!

keep up the good work!

Tongue

Indeed the only purpose is the extent which the map maker is amused enough to slog through the process. If someone wants to make a map of something that interests them - that is what is necessary to be engaged enough to carry through. Every map is unique, even if they are of the same geographic area because they reflect the individual vision/talents of the map maker. By all means, please carry on and I look forward to the result. -viking

Quote:GADGET wrote:
On the other hand, vegetation in the Canary Islands is very different from those of Morocco and Spain. Dirt is really dark, sometimes pitch black (Lanzarote, Fuerteventura) and covers all those volcanic islands.

I only use agraciers spain textures in the forest gound of the caldera de taburiente, (the big hole)
Here a real and simulation comparison

[Image: vergleich.jpg]

The Textures will be at better places then, Currently they are how they are drawed in map_t at first.