[MOD] vkg_El_Alamein

Cry Cry Cry

Can't get this map to work.... Just after starting one of those QMB missions, the screen turns black while I still can hear some sound and then everything stops... :?:

Il2 doesn't crash though as I am able to return to the main screen.

I tried everything, even used the Objectmod installer. Nothing, still the same problem. Otherwise I have Zuti's DSmod which works fine with all the other maps. Egypt objects appear without a problem on the Dakar map. All the other maps work included this great Crete map ( who wrote it? :wink: )

any help would be appreciated...

Cheers,

Eckhart

Gorgeous map Viking, the textures are fantastic and really give you that sense of being there, as do the Egypt objects which compliment them so well.

Excellent, thank you very much for making this available.

All the best, pete. Big Grin

Best desert map so far. Even better than JV69 "never say Greece" BADA's Central Med map.
Bloody good job Viking!

What a beautiful map. Excellent work there!!!!

But one problem I had was the Zuti's airfield friction, it caused this error when trying to load missions.

The instruction at "0x5ed530e" referenced memory at "0x0000051c". The memory could not be read.

Click ok to terminate the programme.

After messing around with IL2 and my mods folder, the error went away after I diabled the friction mod.

But apart from that I have had so much fun flying around on this map (getting lost a few times).

Thank you very much

i_am_henry Wrote:What a beautiful map. Excellent work there!!!!

But one problem I had was the Zuti's airfield friction, it caused this error when trying to load missions.

The instruction at "0x5ed530e" referenced memory at "0x0000051c". The memory could not be read.

Click ok to terminate the programme.

After messing around with IL2 and my mods folder, the error went away after I diabled the friction mod.

But apart from that I have had so much fun flying around on this map (getting lost a few times).

Thank you very much

In deference to those who seem to have problems with this mod - I will make a actors.static for this map which uses the old fashioned blank plates to smooth the airfields. Not sure when I'll get around to it though in the next few days. One note - the map will run without the friction mod - you just will have a hard time taking off or landing at the airfields - It can be done, though - just awfully bumpy. Airstarts of course are no problem. cheers - viking

I use 01_Zuti_DSMod_v0.8b14. This contains the required airfield friction mod with the most recent version?

I used the Unified Objects Installer so my objects should be installed the right way including the Lale files and the Egyptian objects( all the other maps are working) right?

So why doesn't this work ?

I start a mission in QMB Plus, the screen gets dark and then nothing...can go back to the main screen however so it is not a game crash.

Help please.....

Eckhart

Ps: Zuti's conflict revealer says NO conflict...

Eckhart Wrote:I use 01_Zuti_DSMod_v0.8b14. This contains the required airfield friction mod with the most recent version?

I used the Unified Objects Installer so my objects should be installed the right way including the Lale files and the Egyptian objects( all the other maps are working) right?

So why doesn't this work ?

I start a mission in QMB Plus, the screen gets dark and then nothing...can go back to the main screen however so it is not a game crash.

Help please.....

Eckhart

Ps: Zuti's conflict revealer says NO conflict...

Can you open the map in the FMB? Can you save a mission in the FMB?

I'm wondering if the QMB missions I set up are using some object or vehicle or plane that you do not have installed.

Please let us know - viking

Hi Viking,

Nevermind your map is great...the only problems are those dummies who don't know how to install it correctly :wink: :wink: :wink:

I found the glitch which was the _tex folder placed in the wrong spot ( how did I do this? no idea).

Now everything works great Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

This map is the best desert map so far!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin A big plea to those great campaign writers: could you update your campaigns to include this map or write some new campaigns for it?

Viking you are the man!!!

Cheers,

Eckhart

Ps: the only problem I had with this map so far is a heatstroke :lol: :lol: :lol: ...had to rehydrate with a few icecold beers ("icecold in Alexandria") and now my flightmodel has become more wobbly :roll: :roll: :roll:

Eckhart Wrote:Hi Viking,

Nevermind your map is great...the only problems are those dummies who don't know how to install it correctly :wink: :wink: :wink:

I found the glitch which was the _tex folder placed in the wrong spot ( how did I do this? no idea).

Now everything works great Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

This map is the best desert map so far!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin A big plea to those great campaign writers: could you update your campaigns to include this map or write some new campaigns for it?

Viking you are the man!!!

Cheers,

Eckhart

Ps: the only problem I had with this map so far is a heatstroke :lol: :lol: :lol: ...had to rehydrate with a few icecold beers ("icecold in Alexandria") and now my flightmodel has become more wobbly :roll: :roll: :roll:

Thank you for liking it - and I'm glad you got it to work! --viking

Same problem I_am_Larry. Thanks for the tip everything seems ok now. The Zuti airfield mod seemed to block certain single missions I use. The message would appear and then the game would freeze. Now if you could make it so the missions appeared in the Quick I would be in heaven--(yes, I put the map name in the config properly) Ta again.

Bee Wrote:Best desert map so far. Even better than JV69 "never say Greece" BADA's Central Med map.
Bloody good job Viking!

Thanks, Bee - that means a lot to me coming from you. - cheers, viking

Viking, I am having trouble that shows up as a "load ini" failure.--in the full mission builder and the quick. Now the only thing I can think of is the error mentioned earlier regarding the incorrect placement of the _Tex folder. This is the path I use--Mods\MapMods\Maps\_Tex\vkg.Egypt Is this correct? Or have stumbled badly by going through "land\summer" to the final folder :???:

mort 1 Wrote:Viking, I am having trouble that shows up as a "load ini" failure.--in the full mission builder and the quick. Now the only thing I can think of is the error mentioned earlier regarding the incorrect placement of the _Tex folder. This is the path I use--Mods\MapMods\Maps\_Tex\vkg.Egypt Is this correct? Or have stumbled badly by going through "land\summer" to the final folder :???:

Curious about this as I have the same pb. QMB mission starts to load then I get the Landscape/load.ini error msg. Had no pb installing & playing Crete missions.

Fly! Wrote:
mort 1 Wrote:Viking, I am having trouble that shows up as a "load ini" failure.--in the full mission builder and the quick. Now the only thing I can think of is the error mentioned earlier regarding the incorrect placement of the _Tex folder. This is the path I use--Mods\MapMods\Maps\_Tex\vkg.Egypt Is this correct? Or have stumbled badly by going through "land\summer" to the final folder :???:

Curious about this as I have the same pb. QMB mission starts to load then I get the Landscape/load.ini error msg. Had no pb installing & playing Crete missions.

Correct path is:

mods\mapmods\maps\_tex\land\summer\vkg_Egypt\

Ok this is surly the reason for my problem. But it is not the end of it. I already have a "land" folder in my _Tex file and as a result when I place your "land" folder into the _Tex folder to create the correct path I'm into overwrite world. Your "land" will replace the other. Anyone have any suggestions :?: :???: :???: