[MOD] vkg_El_Alamein

Woof. A really stunning map, stunning. Detail work to die for. One of the best!

And I had no problems to get it running either. And create and save missions in FMB. (But a version without the friction mod is probably a good idea.)

I found some small glitches at the coastline, though, with textures a bit mis-aligned. For example this one:

[Image: eal-glitch.jpg]

mort 1 Wrote:Ok this is surly the reason for my problem. But it is not the end of it. I already have a "land" folder in my _Tex file and as a result when I place your "land" folder into the _Tex folder to create the correct path I'm into overwrite world. Your "land" will replace the other. Anyone have any suggestions :?: :???: :???:

My land folder only contains the the folder for the unique vkg_Egypt textures - if you overwrite, anything in your original land folder will still be there, and you will only have added the path land\summer\vkg_Egypt -viking

Poltava Wrote:Woof. A really stunning map, stunning. Detail work to die for. One of the best!

And I had no problems to get it running either. And create and save missions in FMB. (But a version without the friction mod is probably a good idea.)

Thanks Poltava! Now you need to build a campaign for it :wink:

Poltava Wrote:I found some small glitches at the coastline, though, with textures a bit mis-aligned. For example this one:

:-? Confusedhock:

But this has me perplexed - from your screenie it looks like the whole map is misaligned somehow - can you tell me where that is? cheers -viking

viking4570 Wrote:
Poltava Wrote:Woof. A really stunning map, stunning. Detail work to die for. One of the best!

Thanks Poltava! Now you need to build a campaign for it :wink:

Poltava Wrote:I found some small glitches at the coastline, though, with textures a bit mis-aligned. For example this one:

:-? Confusedhock:

But this has me perplexed - from your screenie it looks like the whole map is misaligned somehow - can you tell me where that is? cheers -viking

I had that kind of issue with my Philippines map... exactly the same misalignment on some places...

I have never found the reason... my last idea was a misalignment between map_c and map_T... maybe you could try to extend (or reduce) beach texture for 1 pixel to see if it disappears...

Nice map... :wink:

Did you use the 'transform.bat' tool before disecting map_c, Viking?

canonuk Wrote:Did you use the 'transform.bat' tool before disecting map_c, Viking?

I used the map c toolbox exclusively - viking

Viking!

1. But of course I'm going to build a campaign for this beauty!

2. This misalignment can be seen just outside El Alamein. See below:

[Image: elal-glitch.jpg]

Hi Viking

Very good work, however we should be already used to it after your vkg_crete and vkg_grand Canyon; excellent Maps all of them.

I have this problem: when I try to load the Map in FMB, it doesn't and at the Bottom of the empty light blue screen, a message is telling Quote: section [MAP2D] not found in maps/vkg_El_Alamein/load.ini Unquote. :???:

I check the load.ini and indeed the [MAP2D] is there and two files ed_m02b.tga and ed_m01+.tga within. vkg_Egypt is in summer folder together with vkg_crete and others. :???:

Could you tell me please what is happening? I refuse to consider myself as a dummy, but depending of your answer, i might reconsider this.

Thanks in advance

Humberto - on the failed load, hit shift tab, and let us know what it says. -viking

Thanks for your prompt answer.

After the failed screen with the message at the lower left corner as mentioned, I shift tab as you said, and the only thing that appeared was my desktop, and the IL2 sturmovik in the task bar, everything else is normal, can open other maps and even run the game. The only difference is the message referred the as: section [MAP2D] not found in maps/vkg_El_Alamein/load.ini and my mapmod folder has Maps folder (M is capital letter in this last name) and that the message disappears as soon as I put the mouse on it. If I go again to the "load Map" I can select anyone of installed maps, but El_Alamein.

I am running windows vista home premium 32, Intel E8500 3.16 , Nvidia 9800 GTX+, EVGA 790i, 4GB Ram

Does this help?

Thanks

:-? :???: I had no problems running your earlier maps, and now after installing "vkg_El_Alamein" in FMB I find only a light blue page and the notice: World land().load Map() error:java.lang.runtimeException: Landscape Vkg Alamein/load.ini loading error What happens? I uninstalled and reinstalled many times the map, Mod fortification LAL, LAL Hangar Mod, Mod DLV Egypt but does not change anything, opening the FMB appear the light blue page. What can have happened?
Thanks for your answer.

Viking the _Tex issue is resolved. Thank you for your prompt replies. I now have the Quick and full map loading in the FMB. The textures etc. are quite remarkable. I followed the earlier advice regarding eliminating the Zuti airfield friction and look forward to the substitute. You have helped with issues before via PMs and you may have my first born child. Again, remarkable. Mort 1 Tongue Tongue Tongue P.S. You must have rolled your eyes at the nature of my problem--I can only fall back on too many beers due to heat wave as an excuse :oops:

mort 1 Wrote:Viking the _Tex issue is resolved. Thank you for your prompt replies. I now have the Quick and full map loading in the FMB. The textures etc. are quite remarkable. I followed the earlier advice regarding eliminating the Zuti airfield friction and look forward to the substitute. You have helped with issues before via PMs and you may have my first born child. Again, remarkable. Mort 1 Tongue Tongue Tongue P.S. You must have rolled your eyes at the nature of my problem--I can only fall back on too many beers due to heat wave as an excuse :oops:

It's Ok Mort - I am only thankful anytime someone enjoys one of my maps - It is a great privilege to have someone bother to download and enjoy my work and I never lose sight of that. cheers - viking

stanislao Wrote::-? :???: I had no problems running your earlier maps, and now after installing "vkg_El_Alamein" in FMB I find only a light blue page and the notice: World land().load Map() error:java.lang.runtimeException: Landscape Vkg Alamein/load.ini loading error What happens? I uninstalled and reinstalled many times the map, Mod fortification LAL, LAL Hangar Mod, Mod DLV Egypt but does not change anything, opening the FMB appear the light blue page. What can have happened?
Thanks for your answer.

Please confirm that the map files are located in

\mods\mapmods\maps\vkg_El_Alamein\

and the texture files are located in

\mods\mapmods\maps\_Tex\land\summer\vkg_Egypt

and your all.ini has the following entry:

vkg_El_Alamein vkg_El_Alamein/load.ini

Poltava Wrote:Viking!

1. But of course I'm going to build a campaign for this beauty!

2. This misalignment can be seen just outside El Alamein. See below:

[Image: elal-glitch.jpg]

Very strange - I can't duplicate the problem -

on my rig, with the map installed on AAA UI1.1.1 using the publicly available download -

[Image: align1.jpg]

and in 3d mode:

[Image: align2.jpg]

I run perfect mode, landscape=3 in 1600x1200 resolution.

my conf.ini follows:

Shadows=2
Specular=2
SpecularLight=2
DiffuseLight=2
DynamicalLights=1
MeshDetail=2
VisibilityDistance=3

Sky=2
Forest=3
LandShading=3
LandDetails=2