Map request - Cuba Island

Has anyone ever consider making a scenario for the "Bay of Pigs" conflict? It would be great to have Cuba Island for historical and also fictional operations, at least a small one. We have the planes; but we need the map.

Another thing that could be done is renaming towns on some default Island map, but i wouldn

[quote="FUSER"]Has anyone ever consider making a scenario for the "Bay of Pigs" conflict? It would be great to have Cuba Island for historical and also fictional operations, at least a small one. We have the planes; but we need the map.

Another thing that could be done is renaming towns on some default Island map, but i wouldn

Here you go - a simple, one texture startup map of Cuba. Download and follow the readme.txt ...

If anyone wants to work on this, feel free to do so. I can send the raw color and gray files if necessary ...

http://www.mediafire.com/?mqjl5y2jzgv

Looks like pretty flat terrain mostly, so it would need a lot of work on objects and towns, houses roads etc to make it look nice.

Wow Agracier, that was fast; thank you so much.

I installed it and it looks quite big; so maybe making the western half of it should be enough, as the historic theatre that we can play there is "Bay of Pigs" conflict at Playa Gir

IM TOTALY IN SUPPORT OF THIS MAP!

With the A-26 coming out this map would be great for a Bay of Pigs Campaign. The A-26s involved were from the Alabama ANG based out of my home town.

+1

Dixiecapt Wrote:IM TOTALY IN SUPPORT OF THIS MAP!

With the A-26 coming out this map would be great for a Bay of Pigs Campaign. The A-26s involved were from the Alabama ANG based out of my home town.
+1!!!
VIVA La REVOLUCION! 8)

kapteeni Wrote:
Dixiecapt Wrote:IM TOTALY IN SUPPORT OF THIS MAP!

+1!!!
VIVA La REVOLUCION! 8)

Y Hasta la Victoria Siempre tambien ...

But all that aside, I'd really like to offer the map to someone else to do. Or to finish at any rate.

I can still put in terrain values, assigning heights to different textures and assigning woods and doing some breaking up of too large areas of a similar texture into less tiled looking terrain. That's not time-consuming or difficult.

But I've no experience with jungle or dense woods and more importantly I wouldn't have the time to put in all the necessary objects and towns so that the map would look and feel good.

But if anyone else would like to do the placing of objects, populating towns and villages, setting fortifications/bunkers or whatever, building airbases etc. then please do go ahead.

I can send all the files for working on, including the raw color/gray files. And I guess I can still help out in a limited way ...

But I've a bunch of other maps that I feel more capable of finishing (or trying to at any rate).

So if anyone feels the call come upon them ... just let me know ...

Anybody out there willing to do this one?

+1

+100 Big Grin

K

ALPHA 66
[Image: cu%7Dal66).gif]

Pinar del Rio my old home I would love to see this map completed

334thC_Fujita Wrote:ALPHA 66
[Image: cu%7Dal66).gif]

Pinar del Rio my old home I would love to see this map completed

Since I'm up to my ears in maps I really have to say this is a map I could finish up to a point, but then someone else would have to take over - that would be in placing objects in cities, towns, villages and getting info on where to place airfields and possibly military bases and such ...

So if anyone wants to take over once a basic map is finished, just let me know ...