[WIP] Map Mig Alley - Basic Map as Request

Here is a link to a map of part of North Korea.

viewtopic.php?p=259962#259962

This was a request and was made with no objects other than several airfields. More info in the link above. Contains download link and screenshots.

[img][Image: ag_KoreaFMB.jpg][/img]

TY Agracier ^^ thi is a good basic map

This is very quick and good work...you even added roads and airbases......great foundations for someone to work upon.

The textures look nice too....I remember from documentaries about the Korean war that Korea didn't seem to be very forested.

the multi icons to place a/c at the bases is a nice touch...... and the ed_m01/2 maps look nice too.

I made an ed_map_t.tga by copying the map_t.tga and renaming it...... and added to the load.ini these lines below the [MAP2D] section..

[TMAPED]
ed_map_t.tga

interesting pix here...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dmclean200 ... 026844615/

Installs easy, loads fast, easy on FPS, fun to fly. Thanx a bunch. Dixie's KTO map is great, I love it, but takes a long time to load. Thanx again for this great addition. Maybe one day we'll see one a little farther south so we can have a US base, as well. But thanx for your hard work, it's a swell addition and thanx for sharing. Keep up the good work.

duffys tavern Wrote:Installs easy, loads fast, easy on FPS, fun to fly. Thanx a bunch. Dixie's KTO map is great, I love it, but takes a long time to load. Thanx again for this great addition. Maybe one day we'll see one a little farther south so we can have a US base, as well. But thanx for your hard work, it's a swell addition and thanx for sharing. Keep up the good work.

If this one would ever end up being populated to accepted recent levels, with an actors of around 5mb or so, it would probably take a longer time to load too.

But even so I too am surprised at the ease it loads and how it looks, even though it was something of a quickie in map terms ... the textures do look very good, even when i compare them to photos from the above link by Fabianfred ...

Maybe it might be fun to do some more finishing of the airbases - give them runways, put in some buildings, assign textures to the airfields (which i forgot to do in the texture map)

Ag, you're absolutely a great worldmaker!!!
This map not only loads quickly, but is also well textured !
I made a flight at 15.30h, 1500mt height, good weather conditions, clouds at 1500:
landscape and sky looked so real that was a pleasure to fly, just to fly, without combats...
Thank you, really a good work!!!

duffys tavern Wrote:. Maybe one day we'll see one a little farther south so we can have a US base, as well.

Why not outline an area on the map you'd like to see or you think is relevant for Korea ... ? Now that there is a good texture set for Korea, it's not that hard to make a companion map ...