Poll: you play most Italy_online or ItalyAfricaCrete ? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Italy_online or DF
21.57%
21.57%
ItalyAfricaCrete
78.43%
78.43%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

South of europe

Hi people.

Just a question. For south of europe theatre, which map do you use most for your missions/campains ?

It's for retexturing..... :wink:

I let apart Viking's map as they don't need to be retextured of course. If you use other maps for the same zone please post it here i will integrate it in the poll.

thanks

Italy_Online/DF mostly.

ItalyAfricaGreece is a funmap, but it is much too small to be accurate. The 'Central Mediterranean' map (by Maraz IIRC) is a great one with bits of North Africa, Sicily and of course Malta, but the texture placement on this map is already very good.

Cheers

Nico

I like them both fine as they are.

:cheers:

Italy_online or DF all the time mate!

And credit to who ever made it Big Grin

Planemad

planemad Wrote:Italy_online or DF all the time mate!

And credit to who ever made it Big Grin

Planemad
I think it was yogy who made it (and also did the Bessarabia map).

I fly with both maps, but I have a personal preference for RedFox's ItalyAfricaGreece, as I can create missions around my home town, Thessaloniki, and also use the Greek map.

hum ok i don't have 'Central Mediterranean' , i have to download it to see it.

i'm looking for a good map for italy campains......of course credits remain for the autors.

I don't play never in the stock Italy IL2 map, sorry I tend to be very stuck to reality, I lived 2 years in Italy and I don't like the fact that the map is not realistic at all geographically speaking. Is like the missions we played years ago when we hadn't modded Il2 yet and we had to imagine that Crimea was Spain or Kuban was England, I never liked that.

Personally I like very much Maraz work, both Malta and Central Mediterranean. Redko, see if you can achieve Viking's levels of excellence there! Smile but first please share with us Kyushu Wink

Agree with the post above, finish your other ones first before moving on... especially Kyushu!

WhiteCat Wrote:I don't play never in the stock Italy IL2 map, sorry I tend to be very stuck to reality, I lived 2 years in Italy and I don't like the fact that the map is not realistic at all geographically speaking. Is like the missions we played years ago when we hadn't modded Il2 yet and we had to imagine that Crimea was Spain or Kuban was England, I never liked that.

Personally I like very much Maraz work, both Malta and Central Mediterranean. Redko, see if you can achieve Viking's levels of excellence there! Smile but first please share with us Kyushu Wink

:lol: :lol: :lol: ....i agree. Would be good that someone make a realistic map for italy and grece....i have many missions in my mind for that theater. i lived 1 year in milano so i know there many fantastic landscapes there i would like to fly in :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ....so much.

okay, Kyushu is coming. soon mate, soon :wink:

redko Wrote:
WhiteCat Wrote:I don't play never in the stock Italy IL2 map, sorry I tend to be very stuck to reality, I lived 2 years in Italy and I don't like the fact that the map is not realistic at all geographically speaking. Is like the missions we played years ago when we hadn't modded Il2 yet and we had to imagine that Crimea was Spain or Kuban was England, I never liked that.

:lol: :lol: :lol: ....i agree. Would be good that someone make a realistic map for italy and grece....i have many missions in my mind for that theater. i lived 1 year in milano so i know there many fantastic landscapes there i would like to fly in :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ....so much.

okay, Kyushu is coming. soon mate, soon :wink:

Really? Big Grin I lived 2 years in Milano too! I'm spanish (that's why my awful english sometimes, even if I'm improving it now that I live in London)

The Italy & Greece & Africa map is more realistic in shape but maybe the problem is the scale, right? I haven't tested it much. I like Maraz's maps of south Italy, and for realistic north of Italy you have Zip Alpen map. It has a better Milano that the stock map, and it has a pretty good Venice also!!