Battle of France Map - Part 2 - WIP

ranwers Wrote:Why so little of England ?

Why do England at all?

My aim is to do a map which is good for the Battle of France - Now that we have the MS406 to be shot down in. Also flyable Blenheim is very good for this time frame.

So why include England. Because a lot of the RAF missions during BoF were flown from England. Then when the BEF cuts and runs the map covers Dunkirk very well.

I also realised that using the 400x270km template from the Singapore map I could cover the whole of the Ardennes for 1944 Battle of the Bulge, and on the western edge we just squeeze in Dieppe. There are few other areas where you get so many historic scenarios out of such a compact area. Early Fairey Battle raids were carried out in the Ardennes against German columns so the Ardennes is needed for BoF as well. Then there are the Fi156 Storch special air landing missions to carry out -- just for fun. You need the Ardennes for that too. So much mission building potential.

Why not do more of England? Well that would primarily be useful for BoB, and I would rather wait for SoW for that one.

Messages In This Thread