Battle of France Map - Part 2 - WIP

LAL_RONE Wrote:No in reality !!!!
You create FRANCE as a No man's land .....
You omit a lot of thing .... roads, villages.

I never believe that I fly on my country with your map !!!!

You are correct that at the moment the map lacks the essential details that allow you to recognise national character. At the moment it is still -- almost -- a blank sheet.

So far I have defined the coastline, plotted the main rivers and waterways, created topography to define hills, valleys etc, plotted the positions of nearly all the cities towns and villages, and plotted all of the rail network. This has been completed for an area which exceeds 100,000 sq km in less than three weeks, so I'm reasonable pleased with progress.

What I cant promise is that I will actually complete the project, and due to the density of built up area it is unlikely that it can all be fully populated with objects. What is more likely is that some parts of the area will be built up in more detail than others. The ground textures used at the moment will be changed to a more suitable field pattern. All villages will as a minimum have an area of town texture so that they can be identified for visual navigation purposes.

My intentions now are to complete the road and rail network and get most of the key bridges in place and locate most of the densely forested areas. At that point it would be good to do some sort of Beta issue. I hope that the first release will be some time in January, but thats not a promise either. There remains the possibility that I will hit some sort of technical problem that will prevent further progress, for example, until this week I couldnt work out how to locate bridges, but that is now resolved. I will keep going until I hit an unsurmountable problem or lose interest.

Messages In This Thread