Battle of France Map - Part 2 - WIP

Well -- bridge building is finished -- for the moment.
That is, all of the roads included on the map have got bridges where required.
374 total number.
Bridges force compromises in order to fit the 600m minimum length of strait required.
I have tried to retain the integrity of the main strategic routes while working within the game engine constraints. Its possible that I may have included some post war bridges in error. If so I'll remove them if anyone comments.

Here's a shot of Rotterdam showing the bridges included. There is one more bridge beyond the docks area to the west.

[Image: Screenshot-24.jpg]

The ideas which have been put forward for airfields sound good but I think for the moment I will try to get something rough completed so that the map files can be released and then work on enhancing the details later.

I particularly want to spend some time getting the "target area" scenery developed in key areas, such as Sedan, Montherme, Dunkirk etc. Once the basic maps are released it should be possible for others to get involved if they want to, to develop scenery for specific areas.

--- I've just spent some time looking more closely at the Slovakia airfields. They are very good.

Messages In This Thread