Battle of France Map - Part 2 - WIP

Dixiecapt -- I always intended to make the basic map files available for those who were interested as soon as possible. For the first issue the map will be very incomplete, but it will be good to begin to get feedback and enable others to start scenery building for locations they are interested in.

For now the map is more or less complete for coastlines, rivers, principal roads, rail, bridges, principal forest areas and city/town ground textures. There will be errors in what has been done but they can be sorted later.

I have inserted a number of generic airfields. They are based on the layout of Calais-Marck. I want to copy a few more of these just to provide an indication of the airfield locations. More work can be done to make each field unique later.

I need to edit the map_T to show field textures. I intend to use two basic styles, irregular fields for France changing to a more regular pattern for Netherlands. The field textures need to be limited to the lower areas retaining a more general pasture type pattern for higher areas.

I have started to work on the Dunkirk layout. This will only have outline details at present but I want to get the east and west moles correct and improve the outline of the jetties within the harbour. The objects and style of Dunkirk can then be used to work up the other harbours later.

It would be nice to get all of this done within 2 weeks -- but much depends on work pressures.

Messages In This Thread