Battle of France Map - Part 2 - WIP

Is this better?

This shot shows the evacuation beaches east of the harbour. Quite a bit of re-texturing to do. Need some sand dunes, and the built up area needs to be reduced a lot, but its beginning to shape up. I think there was a large oil storage area just out of shot to the right, but I've not found any photos of that yet. Despite the availability of crane objects in FMB I don't think it would be accurate to show many. Most of the unloading was still done either by hand or using ship mounted cranes at that time, at least thats what it was like at Dover.

The Moles are formed with two of the larger jetty segments back to back. I've kept the water shallow on the line of the mole (on map_c) so that you get the water colour change next to the structure.

I'm forming the entrance to the inner dock using concrete ground plates. Only one side of the entrance is done so far.

Its a pity that its not possible to lock together groups of objects. Its too easy to disturb things. I've also not yet discovered any "Undo" feature in Map Editor. That would save a lot of troubles.

Any French viewers may note the importance I'm attaching to sorting out the evacuation beaches before getting involved in anything else. :lol:

[Image: Screenshot-30.jpg]

Messages In This Thread