Somebody had too much beer last night?

I started to open new slots for ships. That's the easy part, making new ships it's harder. But before I open new slots we need to reach some sort of agreement which ships should be added. That's important because I need to hardcode few things and you, ship makers, will have to use these names during building. Here is my list of ships, this is not carved in stone and it can be changed.

1.Tanker0
2.Tanker1
3.Tanker2
4.Destroyer0
5.Destroyer1
6.Destroyer2
7.Cruiser0
8.Cruiser1
9.Cruiser2
10.Battleship0
11.Battleship1
12.Battleship2
13.Carrier0
14.Carrier1
15.Carrier2
16.Carrier3
17.Transport0
18.Transport1
19.Transport2
20.Transport3
21.TransWreck
22.TankerWreck

To clone ship or to make new one (that's just cloning with resizing, adding or deleting parts of Ship) you need to make folder with ship name in 3DO/Ships folder, for Tanker0 that would be 3DO/Ships/Tanker0. As you are making tanker than it would be logical to use existing tanker as base so you should copy your extracted Tanker SFS files into 3DO/Ship folder.

So you will have two folders there 3DO/Ships/Tanker0, that one is empty and 3DO/Ships/Tanker with original tanker files.

Now you are ready to work on tanker, change skin, and work with hier.him file to add, delete or resize parts of the ship. To see what you have done you will open FMB and use tanker(It's FMB name is Liquid Cargo Carrier IIRC).

In addition you will have to make changes in 2 or 3 other files depending on armament of the ship.
These files are Ships.ini, Chief.ini and Technics.ini . Technics.ini is not necessary if there is no guns on ship.

Simplest way to do that is to find your basic ship (Tanker in this example) and copy all that goes with it and change names into Tanker0.

When this is finished and you are satisfied with your ship, move content of 3DO/Ships/Tanker to 3DO/Ships/Tanker0. You will now have your Tanker0 visible in FMB but you will not have it in mission, that's what I have to do.

As I don't want to add new ships or change their code names every day I would like you to decide now entries for first group of ships.

To change and resize ships you need to work with hier.him files, there are some numbers there which are used as modifiers of 3D model. I'll make tutorial with explanation what is function of these numbers but you can experiment on your own too, it's always satisfying to figure out things without help.

You can also ask Mr.Jolly or Ranwers, they are experienced in working with Hiers when they are making planes and they know it much better than me.

What I said for ships apply for other objects too, tanks ,vehicles etc. they can be added in game too.

FC

Messages In This Thread