Somebody had too much beer last night?

spud Wrote:One wreck should be a merchant ship, most of the SWPA wrecks were merchants.

I'm fine with the names, though for the DDs, would they all be the same? The DDs are pretty country specific in appearance. There is one DD, the 4 stacker Wilkes Class, that was used by the USN and RN (lend lease). One of them, ex-USS Stewart became an IJN Patrol Boat (PB-102).

tater

It's up to ship maker to make ships the way he wants, my coding doesn't have anything to do with properties of ship but it would be stupid to use Tanker under the Carrier name.

My idea is that we should make some sort of agreement and than build these ships to create some sort of Ship Pack.

duffys tavern Wrote:Perhaps an "Essex" class CV without deck numbers. That way it could be any the "Essex" class. We have may F4Us & F6Fs skinned for other carriers. Maybe CVE without deck numbers as well, for same reason. Perhaps a CVE with RN flag. Maybe, if like you say, parts are like "Lego blocks" maybe a CVE without the island, simular to the Long Island class. Wow!

No problem at all, I believe that deck number is just a matter of skin and from my limited experimenting with Lexington class it seems that it would be possible to remove island, I suppose that other carriers are build same way.

VT-51_Razor Wrote:"To change and resize ships you need to work with hier.him files, there are some numbers there which are used as modifiers of 3D model. I'll make tutorial with explanation what is function of these numbers but you can experiment on your own too, it's always satisfying to figure out things without help. "

FC, are you referring to Static ships here? Is it possible to do this to CVs that are usable by aircraft? If so, this would be HUGE!! The CVLs were only about 40-50 feet longer than the CVEs, but the CVEs were about 8-9 feet wider. It would be awesome to see a closer approximation of the Independance class CVLs in the game.

I'm talking about movable ships, I didn't try to resize carriers and land there but I don't think that there should be a problems.

Here is updated list of ships and my suggestions what to do with some of them.

1.Tanker0-Same as standard but with different skin (vpmedia for example)
2.Tanker1-Upscaled standard and new skin
3.Tanker2-Even bigger, new skin
4.Destroyer0
5.Destroyer1
6.Destroyer2
7.Cruiser0
8.Cruiser1
9.Cruiser2
10.Battleship0
11.Battleship1
12.Battleship2
13.Carrier0
14.Carrier1
15.Carrier2
16.Carrier3
17.Transport0-Same as standard, different skin
18.Transport1-different size and skin
19.Transport2- different size and skin
20.Transport3-different size and skin
21.TransWreck- Ship with a list on one side, weakened damage model
22.TankerWreck -Same as above
23.DestroyerWreck-Same as above
24.SmallShipWreck-Same as above
25.SmallFishermenBoat-small boat with fisherman inside

NOTE: Wrecks can be with reduced damage model to simulate damaged ships that are still able float, drawback is that in this case they can sunk if hit. For total wrecks, ships have to be indestructible so they will never sunk.

Feel free to fill and correct this list.

FC

Messages In This Thread