Somebody had too much beer last night?

Cool FC! That looks great.

I was thinking of the static object troops, though. I don't care that they are unanimated.

Also, don't think of the line abreast formation as having to turn much (the static troops from 4.09b is what I mean! The ones with guns.).

You wouldn't have these guys going fast (or moving at all, franly), they'd have TimeOut set most of the time.

Imagine Guadalcanal, or the Buna area on the NG map. There is a front, and those bunker MGs.

You'd have the squad sized formation (some standing, some taking a knee and shooting) move forward at VERY VERY slow speed. 1kph or less. Then they stop to shoot. The idea is to have them VERY slowly advance. The goal is only that they slowly move the front someplace where loading in too much real armor would look silly. Perhaps the MG42 could be the "turret" of the group?

From a player POV (all that matters), they'd see the back and forth tracers, but the front might evolve, particularly if they knock out a pillbox that was forcing them to stop and shoot.

I am really thinking of a group for combat areas away from towns, at least one. These groups would be fine in the desert, on the steppes of the eastern front, for farmland areas in the ETO (hedgerows, etc). They'll also be useful for the PTO. Combined with the smaller 2 man groupings you show, all bases would be covered.

Note that another reason I want larger, line abreast groups is to be able to have it look like more men with fewer waypoints to have to deal with.

One idea for them (as cars or tanks) is to use all the panzer sides. You could make them harder to kill from the front, and easier from the sides/rear. IMO, it's not about exact bullet by bullet simulation for these, but an abstraction. This would mean flanked units would be more vulnerable. The benefit for the mission builder is that from the front, you can then set it up so that they can fight for a LONG time without being killed (keeping a raging battle below for the players to see from the air), and when needed, simply have a unit flank, then sweep them aside.

Armored car in technics.ini altered:
[Infantry_Squad (ex-BA_64)]
Description
Icon fieldgun // used for 'stacionar' tank only

// Models
MeshSummer

// Panzer
PanzerSubtype 1
PanzerBodyFront 0.012
PanzerBodyBack 0.005
PanzerBodySide 0.005
PanzerBodyTop 0.005

// Weapon
Gun MMGunShKASt
NumShells 1260 (this is cool with moving vehicles, dunno what the shell count should be)
AttackMaxDistance 400.0
AttackMaxRadius 400.0
AttackMaxHeight 400.0
HeadYawHalfRange 180.0
GunMinPitch -10.0
GunStdPitch 0.0
GunMaxPitch +60.0
HeadMaxYawSpeed 20.0 // ??
GunMaxPitchSpeed 20.0 // ??
DelayAfterShoot 5.0
ChainfireTime 1.0
FireFastTargets 0 (if we let them shoot at planes, then: FastTargetsAngleError 10.0)

// Moving
SoundMove ?????
StayWhenFire 1
SpeedAverage 0.5
SpeedMax 1.0
SpeedBack 0.5
RotSpeedMax 60.0 // ??
RotInvisAng 70.0
BestSpace 20.0
AfterCollisionDist 5.0
CommandInterval 60.0 (longer?)
StayInterval 60.0 (longer?)