DCG Malta Campaign

Scharnhorst1943 Wrote:...I would also like comments and any feedback (possotive or negative)
Oh oh that's an open door :mrgreen:

Hey Scharnhorst really great effort from all involved, I've been flying on the Malta map exclusively since it came out and I've been into Paul Lowgren's DCG since it kicked off in the CFS2 days Confusedhock: So thanks for this campaign.

I've been enjoying the Malta map so much it prompted me to dig out and re-read "Malta Spitfire" by George Beurling & Leslie Roberts, highly recommended :!:

I have only just downloaded the package and started through the readme and felt the urge to rectify a mistake straight off...

From your readme;
Scharnhorst1943 Wrote:This is a historical campaign for Malta in the summer of 1940. It is playable for both English and Italian sides.
The mistaken idea that England was one of the countries that prosecuted the 2nd World War is a common one, but most certainly a mistaken one as England ceased to prosecute wars the moment it signed the treaty of "The Union" with Scotland just over 300 years ago.

As you are from the USA lets just illuminate this by saying that on the 4th of July you guy's celebrate beating the British in the war of independence not the English. 1776 was 69-70 years after the signing of "The Union" between Scotland & England.

By the time air fighting happened over Malta the RAF was not just British (Scottish, English, Welsh & Northern Irish), or even Commonwealth (India, Canada, United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, Australia), (their 1st ace of WW2, Edgar Kain a New Zealander) but a truly international force including not just a huge percentage of Polish pilots but even the odd American here and there, like Malta for example.

By any measure the RAF was most certainly not just English. During the 2nd World War it could accurately be described as, British, Commonwealth or Allied.

Lest we forget :wink:

Messages In This Thread