East Africa Online 1.0 Official release!

char_aznable Wrote:May I made a suggestion?
The British Somaliland invasion is a very limitated campaign for a whole map... You should include in this map a little more from West and South, enough to made a real East African Campaign. It has to remain an online map, so that Eritrea/Ethiopia one seeable on wikipedia page you've written about could be enough. Sure, an almost full Ethiopia map will be really better, but then it will not be an online map anymore...
I know just a few about that 'Forgotten Battle', only the basic facts, but here within Italian community there are people that have a really great knowledge of it, even to write books about it, I'm sure we can find any information you need.

kapteeni Wrote:From Official SAAF history:
"East Africa
Equipped with a few squadrons of Gloster Gladiators, Hawker Hurricanes, Furies, Hartbeest and JU86s, the SAAF took on an Italian air component comprising nearly 300 modern aircraft. By the end of the campaign, the SAAF pilots had destroyed 71 Italian aircraft in the air and many more on the ground. In addition, the had struck at innumerable railways, convoys and supply dumps in interdiction sorties in support of the ground forces. SAAF losses during the East African campaign were 79 pilots and air crew killed and five missing. "
Well, as usual the one who win write history as he like... :?
But I don't want to be polemic, or go OT :wink:
All possible information is much appretiate and welcome. Italian AF history is bit diifucult for me, because most of oit is written in italian lanquage and me no savvy italian. Cry
This map is based to sandsoftime map ( me too lazy :twisted: ), so i cant make it larger. Perhaps some other will do more bigger and accurate map of this theater of War...

Messages In This Thread