Please help..Malta still not solved..The story so far!!

OK, my IL-2 1946 is on the D: drive. I did a search for 'static.ini' and found 1 file.......D:\prog files\ubisoft\il2Sturmovik 1946\files\com\maddox\il2\objects. The switcher is set to 4.09bm with MODS.

The STD file explains why my Beau mkX vanished.....it was obviously when I "-" the STD file in the mods thinking it was the destruct mod. BTW I have downloaded the up-to-date destruct mod but have not installed it.
I would like to try to 'clean up' the il2 folder as it is somewhat of a hotchpotch of files all over the place.
For example.....regarding the maps, how many copies of the main maps (eg Slovakia) should there be and where are they? I understand that all the new maps coming along will probably go into the MAPMODS folder in MODS.
But I also have a Maps folder in my original SOUNDMOD folder in MODS which was when I switched to the new wrapper system and put the SOUNDMOD folder into the MODS folder.
Then there is another MAPMODS folder in the ROOT DIRECTORY of IL-2 with a number of maps in it..........I don't know where it came from, but is it necessary??
I could send you images of my file system but I am not sure how to actually do it......I think other than that the best way would be to instruct me on the main files that are needed and perhaps I can remove all those that are no longer necessary. However it would be more prudent to actually get the initial Malta problem sorted first and then look at the file structure.
Best reards,
Sentinel.

Messages In This Thread