Battle of France Map - Part 2 - WIP

Difficult question to answer Letchik.
The amount of time I can spend on map making varies from week to week.

Back in March I decided that I would concentrate on finishing one part of the map and then releasing it as a WIP while I worked on the rest. This is the area I intended to concentrate on.

[Image: Situation10to16May.jpg]

I still think that is a good plan but as I started to populate the towns I have realised that I have to do this for the entire map in order to be sure that it will work ok, so I have got side tracked into template building and trialling different object densities all of which has taken a lot of time.

Now I have the whole map populated with sk_country_mount textures (villages), including using these textures for the cities as a temporary stage.

Now I have started editing map_T to put sk_MidCity textures into the city centres and large towns. This probably will not take very long, but each test build of the actors.static takes 3.5 hours. I will probably ignore Factory areas for the moment and then concentrate on finishing the Sedan area.

Sample images of these templates are shown earlier in the thread.

End of May would be a nice target now for a WIP issue which would have Sedan area pretty much completed, but things are quite busy so we will have to see how it goes.

Some things, like the ed_m01 map image will need a bit of artistic input, but this could be done later.

Messages In This Thread