Practical Limits for Object Density on Maps

At this point i have to say something, as a profane, about the object density in the new mod maps for il2.
Well first of all this is my system, upgraded on december 2007(5 months ago!!!!!!!!!!):

amd 6400+ 3.2ghz dual core
4mb ram 800mhz
GF 8800 gts 640mb gdr3 evga superclocked

config.ini: all max but water=3 and Effects=1

AAx4 AFx4 1280x960

avg fps 60 actual fps 60

with the russia's maps no fps problem at all(obj density is well calibrated)...but with kiev, berlin, all the Pacific and 4.09 patch maps i lose up to 20-30 actual fps(online and offline) when i fly near a city(even on medium city) or a group of ships(the much on Slovakia map). I'm absolutely sure that both the pacific and 4.09 objects have a great impact even on medium-high machine like mine.
The questions are: Will all those overrealistic and overdetailed maps run on all the systems(what kind of systems do you have...a Star Trek Holografic Room Computer?)? why such overmassive use of the new objects( over all the SK ones) that have the merit or the fault to be, like in my experience, a quasi system killer? why dont you use the old objects(as in old russia map to REPRESENT a city(REDUCED in area and TYPE of objects for gameplay where applicable) and a very little part of the new for a little, repeat little, detail and atmosphere here and there?
There was a reason why Oleg and the map making guys made them with a sparse objects density.

GAMEPLAY MATES!!!!!!

So dont try to play too much with harbours, cities, airfields, filling them of useless details...instead try to make a RAW representation of this structures(WTF... IT IS A SIM!!!)! Moreover consider that if you want to use such maps online you have to add other objets as targets(trains, vehicles, forts, hqs, AAA etc). Cry
I'm afraid that all these new maps for il2 are nude and crude a sample of what SoW (with all those objects and 3d trees for woods and forests) will be in the near future in terms of system configuration and power...A VAMPIRE!!!! (I'm tired to change a computer every f*****g 6 months period!)

So PLEASE dont exaggerate too much with the details in your maps or they will be unplayable(online and offline as the Berlin one...remember?)

Sorry for my rudeness...but try to understand! :wink:

PS
The new ItalyGreeceAfrica map by RedFox isnt an overrealistic one; it has a low object density for city and airfields, as the old il2 russia maps has, because it was decided by the creator that what really counts is "giving the idea and the feel". I dont mind to find, for example, in virtual London a street with a building that has a door with the Number 10 on it or the Air Marshall wife's orchard near an airfield only because "i-see-it-in-a-black-and-white-photo-of-that-period".COME ON...It's meaningless!!!

Messages In This Thread