Practical Limits for Object Density on Maps

deovis. Quite simple really. Dont like it. Dont run it :roll:

Have you tried new .dll's? My machine;

AMD 5000+
1gb ram, dual channel 800
8800GT 512 (with zalman cooler)

Everything maxed out, with water = 4, AA all the rest of the bs, and I can fly over the built up areas on Solvakia without much drop. Berlin, not a problem, can participate in a bomber intercept over the city...

Its relative, of course, as to what detail is what... But I think you'll find that the detailing being put where it is wanted by the maker, is the map makers own decision. And yes, immersion is important to a lot of people, and thats where a lot of this sort of thing comes into it.

There was a poll running for this sort of thing a month or two ago, and the out come pointed that the generalised public WANTED in depth detailing. I ran the poll, and remember the out come quite clearly, much to my chagrin considering my NZ map's size (but thats RAF_Sharkzz's problem Wink he's doing the cities).

The people have spoken. The map makers have listened.. if you wish for something... emptier, I suggest once these maps are released you request permission to edit them and eliminate the unwanted details....

Messages In This Thread