Practical Limits for Object Density on Maps

Quote:The people have spoken. The map makers have listened.. if you wish for something... emptier, I suggest once these maps are released you request permission to edit them and eliminate the unwanted details....

Its not the point Magpie...the problem isnt the details or the total numbers of objects but, i think, are the new 4.09 objects.I have noted that a big city like, for example Smolensk, that uses the old object types, doesnt reduce fps in such way as a medium city in Slovakia or Bessarabia maps does.What i said in my previous post is: use the old objects (especially buildings and houses for the cities) to populate cities etc the most and the new 4.09 objects for characteristic details.
I dont know why but the new objects are very heavy in terms of system resources IMHO!!!I can be wrong!

Quote:It seems to be only number of objects on screen which affects FPS rates, not total number of objects on the map.

you are right asheshouse the fps drop is caused by the number of objects in the field of view.But again i have noted that the difference in the drop between the old and the 4.09 objects is very high: with the olds you can have a drop of at max 10-15 or even nothing; with the 4.09 the drop rise to 30-40 for a medium city in the Slovakia map!!! Confusedhock:

Well if Magpie tell me that the fps drop is minimal on his computer, maybe the fault is in my graphic card settings (Magpie could you tell me how did you set you graphic card in the nvidia control panel please?) :wink:

Messages In This Thread