Practical Limits for Object Density on Maps

RAF_Magpie
Quote:Everything maxed out, with water = 4, AA all the rest of the bs, and I can fly over the built up areas on Solvakia without much drop. Berlin, not a problem, can participate in a bomber intercept over the city...

Good! If you fly high over Berlin or on Banska Bystrica in Slovakia map, fps dont drop at all...instead try to fly low, mate, on those cities and let me know! I'm afraid that the WIP overdetailed maps wil be unplayable for many players, specifically during low level fights and bombings!

Mkubani has given very good hints about map population...but honestly i'm afraid,(i'm not unfailing!!!), that very few people will really enjoy these beautiful maps ! Anyhow, i will try them, BOB and France, because i like them very much!

Quote:2. Focus especially on this one. Make the towns smaller in their size. Cities on some old maps are unrealistically huuuuuuuge.

3. The diversity of objects. More different objects you place in your map (especially in heavy populated areas), the more significant impact on performance.

Very usefull hints! BTW Mkubani... is there a way, for a mod map maker, to reduce the visibility range or LOD in their maps?

Messages In This Thread