Poll: Choose Team Pacific's new project. - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Rabaul w/Bougainville
26.09%
26.09%
Rabaul w/New Guinea
26.52%
26.52%
New Guinea
6.52%
6.52%
Leyte Gulf
19.57%
19.57%
Burma
10.00%
10.00%
Marshalls
3.91%
3.91%
Admiralty Islands
2.17%
2.17%
Others?
5.22%
5.22%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Choose Team Pacific's next project

FA_Cheech Wrote:One of the determining factors for us is the size of the map_c (no larger than The Slot), and trying to get all the important locales into the map.

If we go north far enough to include Wewak and Hollandia we lose Port Moresby, which admittedly is included in the default PF map.

The overriding requirement, at least from my perspective, is to get all of New Britain, Green Island and as much of New Guinea as possible.

Cheech,
Understood RE: New Britain (Rabaul is crucial) and even Green, but Moresby is almost irrelevent from a combat perspective after 12/43. At that point VAAF was conducting most of it's combat operations out of Dobodura and Buna after it's capture so, as I at least see it, we lose little if Moresby is no longer contiguous. Early war scenarios could still be flown on the PF map.
Leaving Wewak, etc. out just to keep Moresby means sharply limiting the scope of operations up the New Guinea coast after such time as the bulk of air operations were no longer originating out of Moresby.
Would it not be possible to execute a map with coordinates: South as far as Salamaua, North to Wewak, (or even Aitape), East to Kavieng, South to Rabaul? Even if Hollandia were sacrificed,
that's still a hell of a busy playground-
I'm just saying- 8)

Messages In This Thread