DCG Malta Campaign

While waiting for the other work you're doing I found this therad and decided to give it a go. I thought I have followed all the directions correctly but obviously have done something wrong. When I went to start a campaign with the British I selected the Malta Pilot and then chose my plane and clicked on generate. I then got a message saying here were no flyable squads (or something to that effect- it was late last night and I don't remember the exact wording sorry!) and it wouldn't generate. I then remembered you wrote this in a previous post:

Quote:In your DCG settings turn aircraft upgrades and downgrades off. That is the problem. DCG is giving you the most current plane because of the settings you have.

If you turn aircraft downgrades / upgrades off, it should stop this and you should stay with a Gladiator.

edit:
Also, unckeck historical production dates ... that might be the cause too

So I unchecked those, even downgrades for tanks just to make sure, and went back in to generate the campaign. I got to the same point but when I click on generate nothing happens at all now. I'm just stuck at that screen. Any ideas? Thanks!

I think it is one of two problems (maybe both). You have chosen a squadron ID for the British. I bet you have Gaston's more squadrons mod installed ... you need to add the squadron you chose to the list of DCG squadrons. In the DCG/Data folder there is a "squadids" file. Add the squadron you chose to this file ... You probably made a campaignsGbX and a planesGbX file for the list of maps you want in your campaign and the planes available for each map. Now you need to make a squadronsGbX that will be a list of available squadrons for your campaign. Check to make sure you 1) have the squadronsGbX file in your DGen folder and 2) the squadron I.D. you are using is in both of these files.

Problem #2 - you might need to change the checkbox in DCG that makes the Gladiator flyable. I am guessing it is problem #1. Try this and see if it works. To get the Squadron ID to put into the file, open up the master map you made to get it.

Hope this helps!

Messages In This Thread