Somebody had too much beer last night?

fabianfred Wrote:The large plate is great too.......the only possible downside is that the ground in that area must be completely flat.

Perhaps you could make a plate as long as the longest airstrip and a bit wider than a dual strip too.... for use where the strip is important, but not all the taxiing and parking, and then it can be used in places where the ground is not all flat...and it will save using many smaller plates too

even the largest kronstadt plate (I use #17) takes about six or seven to cover a long strip

did you see the video I made of my Pearl Harbor mission...using your slow sinking times...the Battleships went down just right.

You have missed last line in my initial post, all shapes of airfield plates are possible. You can take aerial picture of an airfield and make single plate that matches shape of real airfield and than make texture to match visuals of real base.

You could do something similar before but you needed to use map textures for airfields ( I think Banff base in Norway is one of such bases). But if you do that you lose one of the textures for map which are already very limited in numbers.

Now you can use big plate and object skin in place of map textures, that free all of the map textures for terrain and gives you possibility to have many textured airfield which would be impossible to have before because of textures limitations.

I haven't see your video, can you give me a link? BTW I tied sinking times to one of the ship parameteres now and smaller ships sink faster than big ones. All sink times are random ,of course, and it's possible that sometimes big ship will sink fast.

[quote="Baco1170"]

Just brainstorming here, and guessing a lot....
If Test runways are onlly flight decks modified.. isn

Messages In This Thread