Battle of France Map - Part 2 - WIP

Battle of France - Part 1 will have airfields and towns done for the R Meuse breakthrough area, roughly Cambrai - Luxembourg and Laon to Nivelles (235x118km). There is some very limited scenery in the other parts including Dunkerque, Calais, Boulogne and Dover harbours. Only the airfields in the Part 1 area are complete and will work properly for AI. Some other airfields are included but need much more work.

For those in Holland and Belgium I apologise. I know Holland/Belgium should really be Part 1 but I'm afraid this will not come until Part 2. Part 3 will be the Channel Ports and England.

*** The Beta release of Part 1 is imminent ***

A lot of work has already been done for Part 2, including full object population trials, and airfields info compilation.

The full release will have roughly 1.2 to 1.5 million objects, to provide a reasonable but workable representation of NW Europe. Missing from the Beta release will be railway stations and industrial areas, although the rail network is included. There will be over 500 bridges, so plenty of target opportunity. The map is at 1:1 scale (400x270Km).

Future plans include extending the map north to include the airfields around The Hague and the Arnhem bridgehead (1944), and east to include the Moselle and Rhine. If I can keep the object count to less than 1.5 million this should be possible.

Hope you will like it.

Messages In This Thread