Poll: Choose Team Pacific's new project. - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Rabaul w/Bougainville
26.09%
26.09%
Rabaul w/New Guinea
26.52%
26.52%
New Guinea
6.52%
6.52%
Leyte Gulf
19.57%
19.57%
Burma
10.00%
10.00%
Marshalls
3.91%
3.91%
Admiralty Islands
2.17%
2.17%
Others?
5.22%
5.22%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Choose Team Pacific's next project

Oh yeah, I guess I should have mentioned the "why" since there is already a Marianas Map.

The standard Marianas map has a lot of inaccuracies and honestly looks nothing like the islands. It looks like a chunk of Nebraska plopped in the middle of the ocean, with all these huge rivers everywhere.

In reality, the only "rivers" on the islands cannot even be seen from the air, the mountains are green and lush, and the flat areas were (at the time) covered in sugar cane plantations. The airfields look nothing like what was actually there, too.

The distance to Palau is about 400 - 500 miles, I think. Roughly the same to the Bonins, too. Tarawa is out of the question, I think - way too far. Perhaps thos distances could be cut back, for the sake of fitting on the map, and game play. But the Marianas themselves could be fit in at normal scale, I am sure. Guam to Saipan is roughly 120 miles, and contains Tinian and Rota in between. Pagan is about 180 miles north of Saipan.

Also, there is a lot of potential for three to four different maps, similar to the Slot. The first map would of course be the original Japanese installations. Second map would be the field-improved and improvized air strips a few weeks after invasion. Third would be partially constructed B-29 bases, and new fighter strips. Fourth would be full development of the B-29 bases, fighter strips, and training bases.

Anyhow, that's my sales job.

Messages In This Thread